J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like a V6 3.1 MPFI out of a 92 or 93 Z24. but i am willing to give a little one way or another. I am offering 300 for the whole setup. (ECU, ENGINE, TRANNY, ENGINE MOUNTS, HALF-SHAFTS, and WIRING) this may seem absurdly priced (low that is) but someone will come along, I hope. Also. if anyone is looking to buy a 2.2L RS motor, I got one. But I want to sell the whole setup. or just parts. (not the whole car. lol) the only problem with the 2.2L is that the engine has a rod bearing out of it. ahh... you see now. 2+2=4. yep, if im gonna go. im going all out.

-Brett

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I just noticed (or realized) that your car is an automatic. The automatic tranny on the 4's is the same as on the 6's, so you don't need to worry about replacing that. If it was a 5 speed, you would need the muncie (the 4's have an isuzu), but with the auto, you will be OK keeping your tranny... So you can ax the tranny from that list.

You could also try a search on http://www.car-parts.com and maybe you can find what you need in a nearby junkyard...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bad part about that is, using the 4 cylinder half-shafts on the V6, wont i twist them about? (i have a very heavy foot) but the V6 (if it was originally an automatic) will just bolt up to the I-4 2.2, if it was originally an automatic? what if the one i get ahold of is not an auto? (im screwed, glued and tatooed right?) then i would have to redo everything. the mechanical part isnt that bad, just all of that wiring

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Yeah, disregard that part about me saying not to get the half shafts. Yes, the V6 ones should be stronger. You need to find a donor car with an automatic, otherwise you will be screwed when it comes to the wiring, because the wiring for the 5 speed is different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what is all to the wiring bit>? i really would need to know some specifics. just like all of the ECU stuff and sensors and shit? and ignitions and shifts and alternator charge? but it would only go to the FUSE box right? i just would like to know as much as i can.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey was up i have recently droped a 3.1L bored out to a 3.4L into my 1991 cav rs ive only had a few problems with it so far but be sure u beef up the rear and side motor mounts cause mine snaped off in the back ITS REALY A BIG JOB BUT ITS WORTH IT

G

·
hey was up i have recently droped a 3.1L bored out to a 3.4L into my 1991 cav rs ive only had a few problems with it so far but be sure u beef up the rear and side motor mounts cause mine snaped off in the back ITS REALY A BIG JOB BUT ITS WORTH IT
okay. . . 3.1L bored out to a 3.4L, . .

hybridz. .
<SIZE size="150">CRACK IS BAD</SIZE>

G

·
Well, I just crashed my 92 Cavalier RS. It was a 3.1L auto.
The engine was good, I smashed the side of my car and the frame. I think the tow truck company bought it off the insurance or it will be sold at an auction.

Those are the places to go bro.. Get shit cheap
It had 151,000k on it.

I live in Barrie. I might be able to find it for you if you're interested

[email protected]

Jd

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
damn that sucks juzam, wherebouts you crash it in barrie? (i live in barrie as well)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts