J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup just went for a test drive today in an 89' Z-24 a guy at an engine shop is selling. He thinks it has a slight rod knock (quick diagnosis tells me it's definatily top side and it's very faint when you first start it up and hardly noticable at all when it's warmed up) Needs a clean up job, Lots of power still, white, Auto :( , digital dash and loaded to the gills with the other options. No body damage and very minute rust along driver rear fender well. Over all a extreamly nice z for the age. Price because of the slight (knock) $500 obo I tossed out $400 and he bit. I get to pick it up on thursday providing someone else dosen't slap down cash in the next couple days. (I wanted to leave a deposit But Right now I have like $5 to my name LOL!)

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
girlracer said:
thats cool, jake, what r u gonna do with this one?
Well my RS is going to become the parts car. Since their both the same color things will swap out easy :D Anyone know if I can just swap out deck lids? I like my RS one (phaseII with stock spoiler) over the Z's (phase I with granny rack) Both Cars have brand new suspension and brakes And I'll have an extra Z hood. (still in primer grey) Milage is 191,000 on the body but a jasper motor was apparently put in about 30,000 miles ago. Not sure how to check if this is legit or not But since I'm building up one hell of a powertrain right now I really don't care. :D as long as this gets my through till spring then My 17's koning's and the lowering kit go on. The new power train gets put in and the interior gets upgraded.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
great buy jake. i always knew you wanted to be more like me :lol:

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nick-z24 said:
What happened to your other cavy? Why dont you build that one up?
I'm still building up the power train and taking everything off it I put into it but Rust has taken over too bad on the unibody of it. I'd rather put all my good stuff into something that wasn't so rusty.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the deal is sealed. I just got back from dropping off a deposit to the guy. Good thing too cuz 3 people test drove it today already. the last was leaving as I pulled in :D I pick her up thursday night. can't wait. I have sooooo many plans. Most of which can happen right away just by swapping out the stuff on the RS already :pimp:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.