J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This whole thing that you were talking about in a post before about being able to bypass the speedo limit? I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has actually done this mod and if it is easy enough? I am going to chip my car but not until next spring and this govenor really pisses me off when we are cruising home on the highway and I to 180km/h and get pushed back by the govenor and everyone else go go well above 200. If you have done this mod can you leave me a detailed description on how to do this??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a set of tires that I use with my rims but not I have my winter ones on, it won't matter that much on a straight away.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone out there know how to overide the govenor? If you do please message me or reply to this.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
If i have a chance, I will give try it and write some instructions, take some pics etc. I won't have a chance till next weekend though

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
This doesn't help you second gen guys, but I asked my friend thats a mechanic at a chevy dealership, and he said on all the chevys that are '96 and newer you can hook them up to a computer and reprogram the chip. He said he didn't know about the earlier cars though, sorry.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Which chips DO override the governor...anyone know?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard that superchips does overide the govenor and that is also one of the best chips for our cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.