J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I finally got around to installing my heatercore at school and refilled the cooling system 50/50... Waited for the car to warm up (thermostat to open) and then topped off the cooling system with 50/50 coolant...

On the way home I noticed that the Low Coolant Light came back on, so I thought immediately that I had done something wrong. Well I pulled over, and looked and now my Engine Coolant Resovrior is full and it wasn't just when I took turns.

Any Idea's of whats going wrong here? The system was also pressure tested to 16psi with no leaks at school..

Thanks yet again,

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The light did come on the first time after a corner, but after the other corners it was off.

It has to be airtight?

Also, I just changed the thermostat, is it possible that this made an Air pocket in there?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Brad91Z said:
Yeah, it is possibe that you have an air pocket. It is normal though for the low coolant light to come on after a hard corner.

Brad
if it would be a pocket, wouldnt the fluid level go down, therefore be noticeable when he stopped and checked??

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well since my car's finally been running with coolant for a day now the light hasn't come on since i shut it down and restarted the engine so it must've been an air pocket, when i shut my car off i heard a loud boop and then looked in my overfill bottle and it dropped after being full so the air must've escaped... there was pressure in the overfill bottle when i removed the cap so the air must've escaped :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.