J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
umm yur neighbours car! j/k should be able to get them at any automotive store i would think but if not then maby 25cents at a j-yard lol

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
scott0999 said:
ok so when you rip one of these surely you dont have to buy a whole new ball joint just to get the boot... but where do you get them???
Theres no place that I know of that sells just the boots unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
I ripped the boot on my ball joint the first time I needed to take out the trans after dropping in the 3400 (which was only a few months...). I still have the ripped boot and the balljoint has lasted.

I'll eventually replace it when it goes bad. I tried to get a replacement boot from a parts store with no luck. They should put kevlar in the boots. :)

Brad

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
noahkenny said:
I believe energy suspension makes them. I think moog does also. I dont have the part numbers with me. There on my other computer. :lol:
The only boots that energy suspension makes for the J-bodies are tie rod end boots I thought.

A part # would be great if you have one!

Brad

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
they have boots in the Help! section at advance auto parts. they might be tie rod boots.. but work fine for me.. as long as you regularly grease your ball joints you dont need to worry anyway.

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pezed said:
they have boots in the Help! section at advance auto parts. they might be tie rod boots.. but work fine for me.. as long as you regularly grease your ball joints you dont need to worry anyway.
this is true but one less thing to think about if you just have the right boot :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.