J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to lower my 1991 z24. Is there any lowering springs or a set of adjustable coil overs that can be mounted ?

Ive seen people heat springs with a cutting torch a bit to collapse the center alittle to drop the car and inch or so. Ive also seen people cut springs too.

Has anyone attempted to lower one of these cars ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cutting or heating springs isnt recommended. They used to sell lowering springs years ago but i havent seen any lateley....maybe check the buy/sell forum for anyone willing to sell a used set.

I ordered a set of coil overs from FVsuspension. $1200. Havent got them yet or gotten a shipping notice. (hopefully im not getting ripped off) They say they custom make each set so it takes a month, its been about a month.

Some say the car cant handle a coil over on the rear cause its not made for it but I think it will be fine for me, not gonna be a daily driver anyway and the rear shock mount looks like its actually made better than the front, Dont take my word for it, form your own opinion..... heres a link FV Suspension Coilovers - 88-94 Chevrolet Cavalier - FV-Coil-01-350

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Lots of Js have been lowered. Once upon a time everyone made springs for them. Eibach, I have a set of canuck motorsports springs in my car. I'm not sure how many coil overs are out there. I've seen lots of bagged Js also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts