J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into lowering my z24 within the next month, ive been asking around to my friends and their friends to see if springs would be enough. When lowering a car, should i install just springs then get the car aligned, or should i install cambers as well. Please all your input is needed for yet another beutiful z24 in progress that whoops all ricers!

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
well when i lowered mine, i replaced the springs of course, i got intrax, i also replaced the struts and shocks too. nope no need for a chamber kit. we ran into a problem when we lowered mine, we had to replace the outter tie rod. so make sure everything is ok when you do it.

here is the how to: http://www.v6z24.com/mods/howto/?page=suspension

its pretty easy to do. good luck.
just make sure you don't drive a whole lot before you get an alignment.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i changed all the springs shocks and struts on my car by myself, the only thing i needed help with was holding stuff. but everything else was pretty easy if you know what your doing using spring clamps, loosening the right bolts so on and so forth.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nothin like gettin down and dirty for free! mine was even cheaper than 500, $80 for both front struts, spring tech springs $150, and i got the rear shocks off my dads cavalier a year after he put them on cuz it got totaled. so i'm at like $230

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
well I replaced my entire suspension system with monroe snesetrak struts and shocks poly sway bar bushings tie rods and ball joints for $188 out the door. ANd now I have a set (when we clear up the address thing LOL!) of eibach's (pro-kit) I got off a member here never installed for $100 so for a new lowered car sitting on all new stuff I paid $288 not a shabby deal if you ask me. I know I can upgrade to better struts and shocks later but screw it this is good for now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good post, i was about to get into something like that too, I NEED new handeling bad, mines bouncy n creaks =x very annoying. very helpful people, i was really wondering how much it was gunna run me to get shocks/struts, wasint worried about springs yet, figured id save for them , but THE CAV WILL BE LOWERD ONE DAY!!!

Very helpful post ;b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.