J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new rims and i was thinking about if i could lower my z at all. The new tires are 205/55 R16. How much could i lower the car w/ out creating problems and if anyone knows, how much does it cost to have it lowered. i am lookin for 1.5 or 2 inches. Thanks.
Z24Dogg

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, if you want a 1-2 inch drop then youll be looking anywhere from 200-400 dollars depending on the setup.
Remember that when you lower the car, you should get some struts/shock suited for the lowered ride with better dampening rate. Stock shocks/struts wont last long on lowered springs.
Good luck on your purchase. And stick with names you know and trust when you buy. Stay away from off brands or ones that offer them at an unbelievably price.
Later.

·
Registered
59 Posts
One well known company is Eibach. They have a drop around 1" in the front and .8" in the rear. However I hear this is reserved from the actual lowering drop that it is. I've also seen Intrax sell some somewhere. Julus94ZRS says he has APEX 2" lowering springs. Those are some companies to look into. Just to let you know that if you get something really drastic you might need to invest in a camber kit. This corrects the way the tire sits. Preventing uneven tire wear and abnormal handling characteristics. Another thing is what kind of shocks/struts do you have? If they are stock you might need to invest in aftermarket shocks/struts or your ride will be extremely bouncy when you hit a bump. Well that's hopefully some info for you to think about. If I'm wrong Moon will definitely correct me and lead you in the right direction. Oh, and expect to pay $200 dollars or more just for the springs and more if you don't install them yourself. Good Luck and have you posted pics of your new rims on the car?

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Eibach is definately good. You can get a decent deal on them from carparts.com here.

Suspansion Techniques also makes a kit for our car for cheaper than the Eibach's and provide pretty much the same drop. They seem to be pretty good quality from what I hear. Check them out here at JCWhitney.

Yes, it would be wise to replace your struts also. KYB's are a good mix of performance for a good price. If you really want to go out, Koni inserts are great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so the Eibach springs will be around $280 if I get them off of Carparts.com, but is 1" of drop really that noticiable? I don't want to spend that much money and not notice it. Also, what is a good kind of shocks/struts to get?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.