J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can find some lowering springs for an 89 z24?? i found some intrax springs that lower the car 1.7" in the front and 1.5" in the rear and some eibach that lower it 1" in front and .8" in the rear but neither one of those are as low as i want to go. let me know if you have some that are lower. thanks.

·
Banned
544 Posts
yeah girlracer pretty much summed it up.

Springs - cheap - lower around 2inches
mantapart coilovers - expensive, but mroe drop
airride - most expensive, but hella cool.

if you want something like a 3inch drop, just buy some lowering springs, and maybe cut a coil off the spring to get it down a little lower.

·
Registered
106 Posts
steveo said:
if you want something like a 3inch drop, just buy some lowering springs, and maybe cut a coil off the spring to get it down a little lower.
if you want your car so ride like shit then listen to him. if not do it right and spend the money or you might aswell just chop your stock springs then. it would be stupid to by springs and then chop them.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
perfectedimage said:
steveo said:
if you want your car so ride like shit then listen to him. if not do it right and spend the money
Well, well said. DO NOT cut your springs at all. The springs these companies make are specifically designed around the weight of your car and what it can handle. If you cut any off you severly limit the springs holding capability. Either save and buy airride or coilovers or settle with regular springs.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i have those sprint springs too, got them off ebay :D i took my car for a spin down the dirt road in front of my grandparents house sense i dont have it liscensed and it was pretty stiff, it should handle good around the corners though :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.