J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 90 Z24, and I'm planning on beginning an install this summer. Right now, I only have a RFX8220 running to a 600a5. Right now it's only pushing 6x9s in the rear, but I'm picking up some Quart components from a friend tomorrow (only $150, never used!) This is my planned system. Criticism, please.

MB Quart 6 1/2 separates in the kickpanels and Boston Acoustics 6.5 components in the rear.

Single 10w3 or 12w3 in custom box either in rear cubbies in the trunk, or in a box against the fold down seats.

Powered by Fosgate 600a5 rated at 120x4 and 240x1 @ 2 ohms

I'll build my own kicks for the front, I'd like to switch the HU over to a HU with these specs: No internal amp, 3 sets of 4v or greater pre-outs, fold down face (as opposed to slotted, I want to locate the face away from the chassis), changer controls, disc/track/station naming, but the biggest is mp3 play. Looks like I'll have to wait a while.

As a side note, I'm also going to buy a convertible 5 spd. I'll use my car as a daily driver while I work on the convertible. With the 3.1 taken out of my car, I'm going to have it bored and stroked to a 3.4, and while they're at it, I'll have it deburred and ported. From there, I'm going to get a custom twin turbo, with 10 lbs of boost @ 1500 rpm, and with 12 lbs @ 3000 rpm. On top of that, I plan on getting headers, cat delete, and glasspacks. The air will be force fed through nostril rams, and the cowl induction will be converted to intercooler ducting.

I want to get a decklid off a 92 or so, one with the taller spoiler, and I might paint the vehicle to look like the General Lee (bright orange w/white and black 01 on the side), and keep the ground effects silver. I'm going to get another window switch to power the driver's window from the outside and hide it under the rearview mirror on the driver's side.

I want an alarm for the 5spd convertible with remote start (have to disable the neutral release for that), window rollup on arm, microwave sensors, and have it set to go off it anyone touches the external window switch while the alarm is on.

I'd like strip out an old Pontiac 6000 for the AWD and convert it, along with the rear discs, over to my car. I'd also like to have the doors welded shut, internal handles, lock stuff, etc, internals removed to save weight. I'll shave the external door handles and locks for looks.

Mail me with comments and suggestions, please. [email protected]

--Tim

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Sounds like you have lots of great plans, hope you have a lot of money to burn Good luck with the turbo, i dunno if you are gona be able to fit a twin turbo under there. Just a single turbo is a tight fit. Personally i would prefer a supercharger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a supercharger would be nice, and it would be better and the turbos, I would consider going to the junk yard and finding a 3800 series engine out of a newer pontiac with the supercharging, and modify it to fit the 3.1 you have. Id Pass on the "general Lee" idea, id personally go with the white stripes but not the orange. you really like this general lee idea dont you?, its a great idea, but its going to be really expensive, and id check to make sure its easy to slide through the door windows first. Its actually a pretty cool idea but id pass on the orange. Lurch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off, it sounds like a nice pipe dream. Now the reality, the 6000 awd system can't be worked into a manual transmission, because it's part of the auto tran's case. As for turbo's why do you need two? One of them if built with the right parts can easily support over 500hp. If you do install a remote start on a 5-speed be aware that you will be held liable, if you start the car and it's in gear, when it hits somebody. It's not a recommendedpractice and no professional installer should do it for you. Not trying to hose your dreams down.

As for the 3.8(231 V6) the engine will fit. Get mounts for a 3.3L Olds Calais and a custom flywheel from (www.racetech.net) some re-wiring, custom PS fluid reseviour and a few other details and bam! a very fast ride. The 'charger from that motor will not fit the 3.1 because of the cylinder angle differences. Our cars 60 degrees, the B/O/P is 90 degrees. Good luck with the mods!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.