J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on moons intake 3 days ago. It was running great then i noticed a power loss and i popped the hood. It turns out the hose clamp on the k&n filter is sliding off! it slides onto the tube and then the filter just hangs there. I was wondering what i could do to keep it on there. Could i shorten the tube because i'm not sure if the filter is on the lip of the tube or not. I have a '90 Z and i know yours is newer, would it have more room under your hood and my tube needs to be shorter or what?? what could i be doing wrong and what can be done to fix it. Help please! Thanks.
Z24Dogg

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
If you cant get the filter clamped down tight enough on the tube, wrap something around the end of the tube where the filter mounts to make the tube diameter there larger, so that the filter can clamp down tight. You could just wrap a hole bunch of duct tape around the end to thicken it up, or better yet, find like a narrow strip of rubber you could wrap around and glue on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a piece of rubber but i haven't driven yet i will let yall know how it goes tomorrow. I am not sure what else would work i think this might. Thanks moon.
Z24Dogg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ah, duct tape. Combined with the powers of WD-40, anything in the world can be repaired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.