J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I picked up my 93 Sunbird convertible about a month ago (my first car!), I've been looking to convert the tails to a round shape.
I thought that I'd have to buy GTS blackouts and cut out circles from them, but then I checked out Moon's sweet-looking tinted tails (MUCH better than your old "Moon" decals... I didn't like those).
You said at the beginning of this month that you'd post the article in about a week, but lo and behold, no article! Please post it! I wanna get those tails of mine done before I head off to university in 2 weeks.

Keep up the great support for us 2nd genners!

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
As usual, things don't always work out as I plan Been real busy, but I was actually going to work on the artical tonight, so you are in luck, it should be up soon
Glad you like how they look. I have debated doing something similar to the fronts, like you mentioned.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ahhh... thanks! I think I might use real paint on mine, rather than tint, seeing as the sunbird lights are already kinda tinted.

...or I might still go with my idea with circles cut out of GTS blackouts.
Do the blackouts cover the fake lights on the trunk as well as the real lights on the corners, or are they just for the corners?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Check around in your area to see if you can get away with this sort of thing before you go through with it - best not to learn the hard way. Lots of cops bust balls over customizations like that for headlights, taillights can still be iffy though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not planning on totally obscuring the heads/tails. I just wanna add a bit o' paint to the outside of the lens to make it look circular. If all goes well, it shouldn't look like a customization at all.

Anyone know if the GTS blackouts cover the fake lights/reflector thingies on the trunk?

King "Let's See How Many Questions I Can Ask In An Hour" 93Bird

1 - 8 of 8 Posts