J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up, im new to this site and i need some questions answered, i have a 93 z-24 with a straight pipe, performance muffler, and a k&n filter. if i put y-duals on would it create more horse power, any ideas on what i should do. how much are headers, how much hp do they put out roughly. how much is a chip, im basically lookin for the small stuff right now.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Putting on Y duals may look cool, but it isnt going to gain you any power. They only way to gain power from duals to do true duals, 2 pipes from the headers all the way back. I dont think there is enough room to run the pipes though without tons of work. About headers, nobody really makes a set. I found one guy that custom makes sets for the 3.1 beretta i beleive. Cant remember the site, but they ran about $600. Not cheap! Not sure what kinda gains you would get. As for chips, they run around $150 - $200, depending on what you get and who you get it from. I would recommend Fastchip ( http://www.fastchip.com ). Gona have to use Primo gas though. The fastchip should gain you around 10 HP. Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the tips, since y duals doesnt add any power does it take any away, my friend has a camaro muffler on his crx and its just one muffler that goes into dual exhaust, do you think that would work on mine???

thanx

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
No, it shouldnt take away any power. You should be able to get a setup like that if you find a competant exhaust shop

·
Registered
585 Posts
Check out my exaust setup. I have a 40 series delta flow with dual outlets. Honestly man... I have no cat, and when I put the muffler on, I lost power. Well, maybe not lost... maybe transferred. I dont know. My low end suffered alot, but i think I have more high end now, which is nice because I had practially none at all before. I belive I need some more backpressure, but I am gonna leave it how it is until I put a chip on or something and see what happens. Sounds great and looks great though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My bad man my bad. I was looking for exaust tips on the search and didn't check the date on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.