J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first of all my car was a 2.8 auto. right now i have the motor, trans, a/c, and wiring harness out. now im putting in a 3.1/3400 hybrid and 5 speed out of an 89 same year as mine. i have the whole car and anything i need is on it. so my question is if i use the wiring harness from the manual trans and put it in my car is there anything special that i need to do like anything for the NSS. so really will the manual wiring harness from the engine bay work ok while using the wiring harness inside the car from an auto without doing anything other than plugging everything in.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Yes, the new harness will work great.

One addition you should make is the manual NSS to footwell so that you have a proper NSS, after the swap.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
Yes, the new harness will work great.

One addition you should make is the manual NSS to footwell so that you have a proper NSS, after the swap.
Why need that :lol: I just joined my purple starter wire to my yellow igition wire but then again the proper why is the best, I never bother, not on my own anyway :-?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.