J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok mev told me not to use the msd dis 4 igntion yet and to just use the coils....i hooked the coils up to the stock plate and plugged everyting in...only problem is im not getting any spark.. i have the interface modules, but my question is, do i have to use the interface modules?? the reason im asking is because each interface mod has a white and black wire coming out of it and i have no idea where to hook these up to. Can someone pleez help me? i didnt really get a response from mev about this and thats okay, i know he has a shop to run and everything and i dont wanna bother him anymore. so raven or dailydriverz, do u have any idea? thnx for any of your help guys.. the motor is 95 % done...all i have to do is get it to fire and as far as i know it should start up...i also need to hook up my exhaust but that can wait untill i get it running. thank you any/ or everyone for your help i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
interface modules??

you should just have your Ign coil module, and 3 coil packs...

no spark could be a number of things.
check to make sure all your sensors are plugged in.
and your grounds!
do you get spark on any of the coil packs? or none at all?

i take it you had spark before you removed the old engine and put the new one in..

more info is needed.

·
Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
LOL, take the interface modules out, and you will have spark again.

The interface modules are just a way of connecting the ignition box (DIS-4) between the ignition module and the coils.

There should be 4 wires coming out of the interface modules, 2 of the wires connect to the tabs that are sticking out of the ignition module and the other 2 connect to the inputs going to the coils.

You could just complete the loop, by connecting the right wires together on the interface modules, I just don't remember which ones are which.

What was the reasoning behind not using the DIS-4 "yet"? Do you have it in your possesion? If I had it already I would go ahead and install it, if I were in your position.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well see this is what happend. i took the interface moduales off already and juss plugged in the coils and i wasnt getting any spark. i have the dis 4 in my possesion, its already mounted in my engine bay. maybe i should just hook up the dis 4 ignition and everything? at first i had the coils and interface mods on but then i took the mods off because i wanted to start the car first before i had that installed..im thinking i should justr install everything so then i would get spark... thanx raven and v6ho..i think i have all my sensors plugged in...the only ones i dont is my ac stuff but that shouldnt matter right? man u guys should here this thing when it cranks, the compression sounds so sweet!!.. and yes i did have spark before...

·
Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
Ok, if you have removed the interface modules and have the coils mounted directly to the ICM (Ignition Cotrol Module), then there is a problem, either the ICM is bad, the coils are bad, the crank sensor isn't installed/plugged in, or one or both of the other 2 plugs are not plugged into the ICM.
Double check all of these things and make sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.