J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didn't even know he wanted to race i just took off from the light, the car car is obviously loud, and he starts to wind his tiny engine and it was on.....i let him keep up to me side by side, i thought he was gonna blow his engine...musta been reving it up to at least 6-7 grand.....so i said enough of this crap and gave her, and bye-bye supra.....then has i come to the street i'm turning on i slow down and he bumblees past me and cuts in front...lol.....dumb ass :moon:

· Registered
3,293 Posts
well well well. obviously you're gonna get me replying here.

a) his tiny engine? Maybe compared to the mammoth of an engine in your cutlass :-? but your cavy has no more. so that must mean your cavy has a tiny engine.
b) just because your cavy doesn't rev past 4500, you don't have to be bitter.
c) bumblebees? riiiight :roll:
d) what year was it? an 83?
e) that whining sound is called a turbo charger (forced induction and all)
f) I think I'm just bitter ;) :D
g) nice kill

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don;t mean to start anything...supra's can be nice...but like civics he killed it with a huge fart can, hence...bumble bee
yes the cavy doesn't have a huge engine either, never said it did
it was a a early 90's
i said wind, not whining...difference :eek:

· Registered
3,293 Posts
yeah, I know man. I didn't mean to start anything either, I just gotta defend myself ;) Plus the "fart cans" are functional on some cars. When you put a four inch tip on a four cylinder with 115 horse, it doesn't help much. You know what I mean? Anyhoo, nothin but love man. Good kill.
What are the specs on the cutlass man?

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly....thx
its got the 350 rocket....(he motor was gold, some idiot before me painted it blue, u can see the places he missed)
400turbo tranny with shift kit & stall converter....replaced the org. 2.73 gears to unsure still...gotta bring it in to my mechanic
full msd ignition system.....
headman headers and dual flowmasters...true dual exaust going on this winter
650 holley dp....+ intake going on this winter also......

· Registered
34 Posts
Wow bumble bees eh... Was it a MKIV Supra(F&F) or a MKIII supra, if it was a MKIV supra Ill call BS unless you run 13.4 or faster and with your setup im gonna guess you dont (maybe you do) cause an MKIV runs low 13's stock and the chances of actually finding one, especially one who wants to race stock are next to nothing. Im gonna bet it was a MKIII like Jex's and mine. Then it will be a different story they run 14.9 (5spd) stock wich is prob more your trap time or a tad slower, im gonna say your around the mid-low 14's with your setup. As for tiny engine, its kinda funny how my tiny little engine almost 1/2 your displacment puts out more HP and TRQ than 60% of the 350's on the street including yours. And mine is about middle pack for our little tiny engines, now thats good old american efficency. 350 SB 290-320HP average, MKIV little 3.0L I6 320HP Stock most BPU's are 475+HP. So before you start bashing and calling our engines tiny do the math and research. Dont get me wrong I love chevys i own one and plan on a restoration latter on in life of a 69 Camero. They say theres no replacment for desplacment... there is its called Technology. As for the kill if you took and MKIII good stuff, it wasnt an MKIV anless NA. KIlls are fun to talk about but you dotn have to bash the other car and to make them look like they were unworthy idiots that had no place trying to race you. Let the flamming begin. I have to stick up for my supra, you would do the same if the post was reversed. :D

· Registered
701 Posts
theunforgiven said:
exactly....thx
its got the 350 rocket....(he motor was gold, some idiot before me painted it blue, u can see the places he missed)
400turbo tranny with shift kit & stall converter....replaced the org. 2.73 gears to unsure still...gotta bring it in to my mechanic
full msd ignition system.....
headman headers and dual flowmasters...true dual exaust going on this winter
650 holley dp....+ intake going on this winter also......
swap it out for a 442 or a 455 :D

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey buddy, i only bash shit like that cuz it was all riced out, just like z24...i'll bash em if they r all riced out has well....no offense....some people don't use common sense when doing stuff to their rides

also u can have has much hp has u want, but if u don't have torque to back it up...well then its a waste......
plus mines an olds 350 rocket.....still trying to find the exact # for stock hp and trq...it isn't no ordinary 350....

· Registered
34 Posts
theunforgiven said:
also u can have has much hp has u want, but if u don't have torque to back it up...well then its a waste......
plus mines an olds 350 rocket.....still trying to find the exact # for stock hp and trq...it isn't no ordinary 350....
Oh I almost forgot..... the supras have more trq than hp, I gave the lower of the 2 numbers, the 7mgte and the 2jzgte have quite the long stroks. Most MKIII's puttin out 350-400hp put out about 450-475lb trq.
Oh theres that research comment before you make a remark thing again. :nono:
Oh i did some looking into, if your running the GM TH400 or 350, which your running the 400 then chances are you dont even have a rocket. They dont bolt up to the rockets block you need one of the super super rare multibolt bell housings. Just cause the block was gold dont mean anything. But now that ive said that you "probably have" one of the supre rare multibolt housings. Lucky you if you do. Oh a rocket 350 with cam, carb, intake, and a 30 bore runs around 340hp and 375lb. According to the info i found. So a stock rocket with now bore wich brings it from 355 to 350 again and - the rest of the stuff your prob looking aroun 300hp 340lb. :pimp:

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
onyx said:
theunforgiven said:
Oh I almost forgot..... the supras have more trq than hp, I gave the lower of the 2 numbers, the 7mgte and the 2jzgte have quite the long stroks. Most MKIII's puttin out 350-400hp put out about 450-475lb trq.
i was stating a fact...i have no clue what supra have for hp...did i say they didn't have trq...no..... :roll:
i am not bashing all cars supras or whatever...just the one that i raced....chill people :eek:

· Premium Member
25,627 Posts
theunforgiven said:
well, sorry man. but if you ask any knowledgeable mechanic they'll tell you that a 350 rocket is just a name. I believe it's about the same HP as a chevy 350. they are completely different engines but have about the same power. There is a pretty good market for parts for the rocket tho. almost as good as there is for the SBC. general opinions differ on the quality of the engine but from my personal experience they seem to be a pretty solid platform for a good HP beast.

Keep it up man, soon you'll be outrunning my T/A :eek: 8)

· Registered
3,090 Posts
um...dude, supras have "fart cannons" as you call them, because they need them. and i've never heard a supra with bumblebees. it more like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGET OUT OF THE FREAKIN' WAY AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH". no bee's there. and i do believe the redlines on the supra is just about a 7000rpm so it wasn't gonna blow it's engine. I wouldn't start dissing supras because you bea this one. ugh some people. they assume just cuz they beat it that it's a ricer or something.

· Registered
850 Posts
haha everyone shut up! Thats rad that you won man but everyone just instantly tries to defend themselves. If they beat a civic, and everyone here owned a civic as their second car, itd be the same thing. Anyways rad kill man, these guys need to settle down

· Registered
559 Posts
cant we all just get along?!?! hey listen, I love supras too and I have heard many different mufflers from them, it all depends on the engine and the muffler, Ive heard really horrible sounds from a supra and really awesome sounds, it just depends on the muffler and what they did. so whoi cares and btw, nice kill.

· Registered
709 Posts
don't supra's have like 313 lbs torque and like 290 hp. And they run 13.7 quarter mile unless modded. Some guy at domino's ask if i wanted to race but i will wait till next yr!!! But if you were to have any foreign car or ricer........i would say twin turbo supra is the best way to go.

· Registered
1,724 Posts
onyx said:
theunforgiven said:
Oh i did some looking into, if your running the GM TH400 or 350, which your running the 400 then chances are you dont even have a rocket. They dont bolt up to the rockets block you need one of the super super rare multibolt bell housings. :pimp:
ok frist of all what the hell are you talking about super rare multi bolt pateren th400 :-?

their is a thing called a chev th400 means that it fit chev engines
then their is the Buick Olds Pontiac Caddy bell housings that fits all motors from those manufactures.

theunforgiven's 350 was only 170hp and 280 ft lbs stock Olds motors are torque monsters 70 350=310 hp and 390ft lbs! those are small blocks too and they are stock

and if you want to talk 455 the 70 had 365hp and 500ft lbs! the reason the 74's #'s are low was cause of the 8.5 cr a little bit of work and it will put out 400+ hp!

don't for get that the 74 weighs in at around 4100 lbs :wink:

as for the technoligy thing just think of what you get when you put the "new " in the "OLD" engine :pimp:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.