J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming home from work today and i spotted a chevy malibu cruising about 85-90 in the left lane. I then speed up to catch him as i look and see a younger guy, so im like woohoo!!! So i rev my engine going about 80 now, and he lipped the words to me slow down, so i did, now as you all know our z's arent very good with top end in high gears, but he gunned it and slowly but surely i gained and pulled from him as i shifted out of third into fourth, i was kinda suprosed myself, but hey victory in a z is victory in a z!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
good kill
my mom drive a malibu. they're fairly quick with the 3100

lol i love that sticker
i'm gonna go throw peanuts at old ladies now

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all for reading about my kill, today coming home from college some ricer honda pulled up next to me and revved his exhaust, so i revved back ad we went, and it is pointless to tell you the end of the stroy cause you already know!

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
First off, that guy's an idiot for racing his auto on the highway...... i now own a '96 GA SE 3100 SFI...... and when i'm cruising doing about 100km/h the torque convertor locks up and when i need to accelerate hard it has to kick outta that, into 4th gear and then down to 3rd gear..... so he had no chance on the highway, now from a stop it may be different ;)

It's nice having a '96 'cause it only weighs 2700lbs and has 155hp/185fpt and a 4spd auto....... much quicker than the old auto Z24 and still quicker than a 3.1 5spd Z24- yes, i've ran a couple of them....... average times i've seen for these cars is around 15.8..... and the newer GA's/'Bu's are about 16.0 cars :)

So if it was a newer GA/'Bu you'd have him from a stop aswell...... :)

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
hah the other day my one friend was pullin up beside me in the right lane, in his lil 87 crx 5 speed. he was slowly starting to get close to ahead of me, we were going about 60, so i dropped her to 3rd and gave it a bit of gas.. haha he had a hard time keeping up to me then 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.