J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is a long story:

My dad practically owns a mechanic's shop in Hopwood, PA. SO, when I got the Z24, I knew I needed a new Exhaust because the guts of the muffler were blown out. SO, I thought , what the hell, go all out and get the whole exhaust system replaced.
Well, my dad's supplier called him and said they can't give him the stuff we need. That was like a month ago, so, finally, I called my dad today and he said he has the new, stainless steel converter and muffler in his hands! YAY!! SO this weekend, I finally get to see this stuff that I've waited so long for! It'll be on the car this Wednesday, if everything goes as planned! I will also have pics posted of it on here when it gets done!

Adam

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
good job! :D

i had a chance to hear and test drive a burgandy phase 2 z24 (5 speed of course, but never bought it because it had way too much rust for the price he wanted) it had a magnaflow muffler and magnaflow cat, it sounded badass :D

i've got brand new exhaust from the engine back, new stock cat, and a glasspack muffler on, and it also sounds pretty good, yours will sound really good, better then mine, since i only clamped my stuff on

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds great! I had to get an offset-offest muffler for the phase 1, and i wanna but on a single do dual tip on it, but I dunno if it'll fit?

I can't wait to hear my baby run when that exhaust get on!! HELL YEA!!

Adam

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
might have some issues getting a tip to line up with the cutout, i did as well, just either get a piece of pipe bent to line up, or a piece of flex pipe, and just mount it after shaping it, because once that flex pipe gets hot, it wont stay its shape, i used flex pipe, then bought a few muffler straps and strapped it into place :D

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks nice considering all the crap you had to go through.... I dunno, I'll have to fit it on, and then see what kind of tip I can get. my dad wants to take the original tip off of the "Z" and put it on, because he likes stock!

Adam

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
dads that are great w/ their hands or have a trade are the bestest. way to save the cash, you got the hook up. get plenty of pictures! im assuming youre going from the headers back, right?

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
yea, my exhaust tip, believe it or not, i bought it for only $2 at a dollar store, they had various kinds in a bin, i was like "crap!" hehe

but yea, she sure looks pretty nice now compared to the old setup:

hell, the whole exhaust in that pic is just sitting on the axle in the rear!! :D no hangers or nothin (they broke)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
quantum said:
yea, my exhaust tip, believe it or not, i bought it for only $2 at a dollar store, they had various kinds in a bin, i was like "crap!" hehe

but yea, she sure looks pretty nice now compared to the old setup:

hell, the whole exhaust in that pic is just sitting on the axle in the rear!! :D no hangers or nothin (they broke)
Nice nice. If I get any kind of a tip, it'll be from magnaflow, i just like their style, plus they're stainless steel!!

Adam

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I went home last weekend and got to see the muffler and converter. DAMN! They look SHARP! Satinless steel really shiny. I'm sorry I don't have pics up of them yet. I was to busy working on my clear corners... which also look good!

Adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.