J-Body Automobiles Forum banner

My "New" 87 Z24

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  georgiavol 
#1 ·
I finally found my unicorn. I drove an 87 Z24 in high school and have been looking for another for a while. Obviously this will be a nearly complete tear down, but I also am trying to decide between the 3500 and 3400 engine swap. I may just do the 3400 first and get a gen 2 for the 3500. At any rate, here it is. 87 Z24 5 speed, sunroof, and manual windows.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I finally moved it under the carport. Will start disassembling soon. I already knew the sunroof area was bad, but I was surprised at how little rust is on the underside of the car. Here are some pics.

Attachments

#7 ·
Long time, no update. Sorry bout that. Crazy year last year. Finally worked on it some more, been gathering the parts I need to complete this project, and yesterday pulled the dash out. Wiring looks good, not brittle, scuffed, cut, or missing. And now that the dash is out, I can start sanding and priming the rusty spots.
Motor vehicle Wood Pollution Gas Scrap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.