J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's new to me

2011 Toyota Tundra SR5/TRD 4x4 Dbl Cab
5.7 putting out 381hp /401trq

It came with 'nerf' bars, LineX spray on bed liner, Weather Tech mats, Extang tri fold tonneau, towing mirrors.

I will be adding propane, vent shades, my work cap and a back up camera

Now for the pics...

Attachments

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had propane installed recently...

The SFI delivery system is light years better than the TBI system, the computer communicate with each other so no check engine light and transition from propane to gas is seamless.

Only a 5% loss on fuel economy, throttle response did not change... and was told there may be a bump in hp/trq... will know one way or the other as soon as I can get it on a dyno, although that may take a while.

Clean install... on to the pics...

Attachments

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Luis... long time eh?

Truck is running real good... it's like driving a 30mpg car... excellent towing capabilities, smooth comfortable ride... gets the hell out of it's own way when i want it to... and handles very well for a big ass truck.

Yep, it's my dd.

You still have your Cavy?

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is primarily the cost at the pump... typically propane is 50% cheaper. Well around here it is. My truck averages 15mpg... but the cost of prop is 50% less, so it's equivalent to a car that gets 30mpg.

There are other benefits to using propane... there is a significant drop in the toxicity pumping out of the tailpipe.... keeps the engine far cleaner, can stretch your oil changes a bit further (I still change it at the prescribed intervals).

Here is the downside... installation costs are rather steep. So if you look at the ROI... mine is found at 49000km or 30448miles (I got about 3000km to go). It may be cheaper to install in your area so the ROI would be shorter.

Oh yeah,,, something else.... I still have the capability of running on gas too... so I can effectively run twice as far if i have to... I have 25 gallons of gas and 30 gallons of propane.... mind you I seldom run on gas. The system does start on gas until the engine hits optimum operating temp to wit it automatically switches to propane. Or I can opt out to run on gas at a push of a button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.