J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a company has a custom fit box for a 2nd gen Z? Kinda like a box for a Camaro?

·
Registered
129 Posts
hahah. yeah its called doityourself company.
lol.. they made **** for our 2nd gens my friend.
my suggestion if you want to buy a good box that will provide good sound buy a bandpass box or a ported box from a speaker store. they both sound good. hahah.. a factory box for a 2nd gen... heh i like that one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
actually frostbyte, you are wrong, there are custom boxes that can be made for the 2nd gen cavs. though, you may have to pay quite a bit to have them custom built. they fit right into the opening where your spare tire and jack go. they can hold four 10's. a few weeks ago there was one up for auction on ebay. i think the guy said it costed 5 g's to have it built. but it sold for just $76. ive added to link below. it has pictures. i custom made a box like it but it holds only two 10's cuz i have another ported bass reflex bandpass with two 10's in there.

<LINK_TEXT text="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1283038791">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1283038791</LINK_TEXT>

"My car is nice, your car is rice."

·
Registered
129 Posts
sorry friend but your wrong.
look at your words "HAVE THEM CUSTOM BUILT" that means instead of building it yourself your having a buisness measure and build it specificly for your trunk. not everyones z24.

this was his q

"anyone know if a company has a custom fit box for a 2nd gen Z?"

"CUSTOM FIT BOX" is much different then "CUSTOM BUILT BOX". Custom fit box is a general box built for a type of car that will fit in all that years cars. A custom built box is a box built for your car specificly. its like this think of it as a suit. custom fit is a suit already made just talored a bit to fit your measurements and a custom built (made) is one that is made from scratch to your measurements.

make sure u read the question before accussing of someone being wrong... especailly me cause i dont like it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the word confused here is "custom". by the way... why would you waste your time using the spare tirewell when you get **** for airspace and the trunk cannot be used unless you have grills on the speakers.. hmmm... no wonder you'd sell it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's cool. don't anybody get worried. i just made one myself. tried to make it like moon's. did pretty damn good if i do say so myself. i'll have pics soon.

Easy people! only hate the ricers!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i mean, god, it could be worse. we could all be driving hondas!

[ This Message was edited by: i_eat_rice on 2001-11-08 14:21 ]

·
Registered
129 Posts
hahah.. lol.. hey you got to admit some "ricers" look nice (the very select few). im still considering on buying a 92 300zx, or a early mazda 2200b pickup for my project car (db drags)..

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHAHAHAHA the keyword there is SOME. db drag is my heaven. if i could go to a j-body bash and db drag, i could die a happy man.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Forget the custom box. you can get a factory jl powerwedge box with 2 10s or 12s for around 300+. the put them to a JL amp and your set. you will have more then enough base to blow your ears out and make the car fall apart. Check out http://www.jlaudio.com and go to "encclosure". JL is the definate way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts