J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One night me, my brother and one of his friends decided to do a lil street racing. My brother has a 1996 Ford Probe GT 5 spd, 6 cyl (3.0). My friend has like a 1999 or 2000 Cougar 5 spd i think its a 6 cyl.

First me and my brother raced because he always talks shit saying he'll kill me. Well.... i took him off the start and he never cought back up.. i think i beat him by like 2 or 3 car lenghts. We raced about a half mile too. He was pissed... his famous words.... "my younger brother has a faster car and a better system.. thats not cool"... HAHAA

The cougar was about the same. I beat the cougar by about 2 or 3 cars too. I beat them both with a person in my car taping. I raced both cars like 3 or 4 times each..... same results. lol. I have some of them on video too. So they cant say i didnt win b/c obviously i have it on tape... muahahaha.

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
wel there must be something seriously wrong wiht your brothers car. Im sorry, but the second gen GTs are much faster than the z's especially with a 5 speed and you having an auto (and the GT's have a 2.5 v6, not a 3.0) and with 164 hp and 160 lb feet of Torque compared to the z, 130 to 190, you might be able to get him off the line but no further.... so either someone needs to raise the BS flag or you brother needs a major tune up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well.... all i know is that i beat him and like i said i HAVE IT ON TAPE..... He's probably not the greatest driver but i still beat him. You can think what ya want. Maybe his car does need a tune up...... But ive beaten other gt's also....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Are those Probes really that much faster? I know a couple guys with the GT's, and i have beat them steadily for a while now, all my car has is Exhaust, no cat, CAI (5speed). There not bad drivers and i think there cars are in pretty good shape... I dunno. but its the truth

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
nutzdog said:
well.... all i know is that i beat him and like i said i HAVE IT ON TAPE..... He's probably not the greatest driver but i still beat him. You can think what ya want. Maybe his car does need a tune up...... But ive beaten other gt's also....
ill come over and get behind the wheel of that probe and ill show u whats up :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.