J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oK GUYS i AM GETTING MY stock 2.2 and getting it totally rebuilt..however I want to make it as fast as possable. I am getting all new performance parts from a local race shop but need help on a couple of things. I want a super chip, I want anything that will help my car FAST. All I seem to find is stuff for a V6. well that doesn't help me at all so I need some input what can I put on a 2.2 that will make it smash!!! If you tell me port and polish, bore it out and bigger pistons.....well it's already gonna be done. I mean stuff that you think that I didn't see , something I could of missed help any input is awsome input thank guys! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
Don't buy an off the shelf PROM (chip), since they are all "tuned" for a stock engine, you will need a custom one made, maybe several.

Headers, good roller rockers, nice swirl polished sodium filled titanium valves (if you can find them), good pushrods, better bearings, a good timing set, good fuel pump, better intake (probably custom), etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am pretty sure you could get a chip for it. It may be hard to find and it wont give you much but hey its better than nothing. See about getting 2.2L heads with dual overhead cams or something. If not try a 2.4L head. Then get the normal stuff. Bosch platinum spark plugs and wires. Dont worry too much about intake. K & N works just as good as any other intake. You pay for the name, not the product. Just like shoes. If you DO decide to go with a different head, then invest in some performance cams and pistons. And while the mechanic is down there, if you wanna spend a little extra, have them port and polished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.