J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
One thing that helps with changing the alternator is to have someone to get the belt off of the pulley while you are holding up the belt tensioner. I can do it with one hand, but it can be a pain in the butt.

**I took care of all of the misdirected posts Patrick and speedemon**

Brad

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Brad91Z said:
One thing that helps with changing the alternator is to have someone to get the belt off of the pulley while you are holding up the belt tensioner. I can do it with one hand, but it can be a pain in the butt.

**I took care of all of the misdirected posts Patrick and speedemon**

Brad
thanks, i knew you would be seeing that sometime soon :D

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
its very easy to replace just dont get frustrated the one bolt on the altinator is hella long!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
yeah tell me about it, i had to do it at my gf's grandmoms house, i was driving her to school and i was gonna go to work and th damn thing dies on me ontop of a very large hill, i had to run 2 batteries in the car to get to her granparents house!!! it was funny i had a battery in the passenger seat with cables going out thw indow to the battery in my car!!! it was just enought to get me back to her house

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
yeah worked untill i got to her grandmoms house then chrisine bought me the alternator and i replaced it in her grandpops driveway!!!

hey who cares about ghetto you do what you gotta do to get home ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.