1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pioneer DEH-P2500 XM
or
Alpine CDA-9805 XM

i sorta want the best sounding headunit for a low price. maybe some of u audio junkies could help out. and if i get a head unti do i need a wire harness because i can't find one for the saturn in the website :-?

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
um compareing the alpine to the pioneer is like comparing a high school senior to a middle school freshman. There just is no comparison. The alpine is better made better quailty cleaner and on and on and on. Alpines belong up there with the Eclipses and such where as the pioneers are best left down with the kenwoods and sony's of the market.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
jakerooni said:
um compareing the alpine to the pioneer is like comparing a high school senior to a middle school freshman. There just is no comparison. The alpine is better made better quailty cleaner and on and on and on. Alpines belong up there with the Eclipses and $such where as the pioneers are best left down with the kenwoods non-eXcelon and sony's of the market.
$such = 'eXcelons'

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
mrjackson2000 said:
how did i know you were gona say something about that?
Because some people had a bottom-of-the-line Kenwood once, and assume that ALL Kenwoods must be crap because their $120 deck wasn't the best thing in the world. :evil: :moon: Jake, you know I fucking hate when you generalize shit like that.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Sorry Tiny... Your right. The excelon line is pretty damn good. But if you want to nit pick almost all "store" brands carry a top of the line and the econo lines Out there. But there are a few companies (as for-mentioned) that have decided it's all quality and no crap. And when a company puts itself out like that they deserve to be put above other companies that think putting their name on shit equipment is still ok because it's "Good for business"

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
My Kenwood isn't Excelon, but it's done pretty good for me. Of course, it's by no means a $120 deck, I believe I paid $300 for it in 1999. Then the changer was another $230 a year later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.