J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<COLOR color="darkblue"></COLOR>i bought my z24 and i love it and all started a few mods got my stereo in and having alot of fun fixing it up ...but on the dash theres a crack in the material and i have no idea on how to go about fixing this...hopin i dont need to replace the entire thing just because of the crack

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
They make some sort of Vinyl and Dash Repair kit. I've tried it and it's ok for little cracks but the big cracks I would just swap the dash. Or you could go another route of just buying a Dash Cover. If you was to go that route you need to drill a hole on both sides of the crack that way it'll stop cracking. Anyways I hope this helps. Oh yeah, Welcome to the Site!!!!! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a huge crack will try the kit before i start looking for a new dash anyway ... never heard of a dash cover they available in most parts stores?

thanks this site is awesome for them little secrets... im new to working on cars too but im learning alot fast

got to get a camera though i want to show everyone on this site the z24 i bought im very proud of it

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That's cool.....if your interested in a cover I can send you the link to where they are. I plan on buying one in the future. Most local stores don't sell it but I was searching and ran across the store that does. The Repair Kit that I was telling you about is at Advance Autoparts. I believe I've seen it in the automotive section at your local Wal Mart also. :lol:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.