J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my corners out and I'm trying to separate the clear lans from the black backing. I'm broken my xacto knife twice. How exactly am I suposed to do this?

The times I've put alot of pressure on the wedge I'd start to hear cracking noises and the clear lens would start to develop a hairline crack.

What do I have to do to get this off? I have no problem with patience. I can go slow and easy, but I don't even see how it's supposed to work.

Please don't post telling me to send you them and you'll do it for me. If I can't figure this out, they're going back inot the car cause I need to drive it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey man my friend and I did mine, and all we had to do was take a metal wedge looking thing, kinda like a real wide flathead screwdriver, I'm not sure of what it's called, but we just kinda forced it carefully between the black plastic and the clear lens on the corner of where the orange part is and it broke the seal, then the orange peice just falls out of the corner :)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up breaking the lens... really bad. It is now in hundreds of little pieces in my garbage can.

So I took out the orange lens and I used the styrene to make a whole new lens for the thing. I think it looks good.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Seemingly stupid question, but when you guys put in clear corners, do you switch to orange bulbs or leave in the clear ones?

I'm worried that leaving in clear bulbs after getting clear corners would get me unwanted attention from the police.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
v3n0m said:
Seemingly stupid question, but when you guys put in clear corners, do you switch to orange bulbs or leave in the clear ones?

I'm worried that leaving in clear bulbs after getting clear corners would get me unwanted attention from the police.
\

I put blue bulbs in lol

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Yes they are phase 2. They dont make phase 1's :(, yet at least. Here they are on my 94RS:
<LINK_TEXT text="http://www.cykotix.com/~mark/cars/94cav ... ktrim1.jpg">http://www.cykotix.com/~mark/cars/94cav/clearcornerwithblacktrim1.jpg</LINK_TEXT></URL>>
I masked them off and painted the white trim flat black. Makes them look at a TON better, the white trim made them look bigger than the headlights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.