J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have some small holes that need to be painted on my car. I removed the roof rack from my wagon and am in the process of filling in the holes. I was hoping I could get some touch up paint to cover the spots were the holes were. However I've had no luck finding paint that matches my car. I'm sure that it is a factory color, and was wondering where I could get the touch up paint. Would I have to go to an auto body paint place, the dealer, or is it hopeless to cover up the holes until I get it painted. I'm going to get it painted but not for another year or two so I would like to make the spots as hidden as possible. If you have any ideas please post them to solve my dilemma.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey there, you will probably have luck finding the paint color that you need at your local chevy dealer. Also stores that have an extensive autoparts selection. I live in Canada so I don't know any examples of store names in the States. If you live in Canada, Canadian Tire carries the types of paint you are looking for. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I know what color you have, I've seen it before and it is factory. Go to any auto store and they'll have books hanging up by the bottles of touch-up paint, just look up your year for Cavaliers and find the color code for your paint, and pick up a bottle. It may not look exact in the bottle, but it comes out lighter when it's thinner and dried. It still may not *exactly* match though, since by now I'm sure your paint is a little sun-worn. Florida will do that for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts