J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built my motor and has about 1,000 miles on it. I put the gm performance cam, hd valve springs, polished crank , bored 30 over, hv oil pump, 4cly torque conveter, msd coils,j et performance chip, three angle valve job. I have a problem at idle when it gets hot and in gear (Drive,1st,2nd,reverse,) the check gauge light will come on a oil pressure drops to almsot nothing,but I have oil pressure. I was woundering if anyone else had this problem or can give me any ideas. I think it may be that torque converter putting too much of a load on the engine.

any advice will help thanks

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Yea you put a HV oil pump in. That's your problem. Our cars (even the builts ones :wink: ) have zero use for a High volume oil pump. It sucks the oil out of the pan so quickly it's actualy harmful because it dosen't leave any in the pan. If I were you I'd pull that sucker quick and get a normal pump installed. This is a lesson where you need to do some research before you build. Bigger is not always better and could actaully be detrimental to your performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.