J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey could someone write up a how -to on how to wire directly into my system for my hommmade underbody lights... they run on the dc ciggarette thingy and i dont want it to be like that if anyone could help me add me to their msn [email protected] or just reply back and if u need more explanation .. folow said instructions.. thanks a lot any input would be greatly appreciated.. also sorry if this is in the wrong foru, was debating between performance and appearance and flipped a coin thanks again

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Well, it depends what you mean my "directly into my system". Do you want it wired to your stereo? Or just to the 12 volt system of your car?

**by the way, I'm moving this to repair/troubleshooting***

Brad

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Ok, if you want it wired into your car's 12 volt system this is what I would do. Let me tell you first that I have never wired up an underbody set on a car, so I dont know if there is some sort of standard way to wire it up, but I will give it a shot anyway.

I would get your 12V power directly from your battery. If there isn't a fuse for the neons, I would recommend putting one in, inline with the battery, about 6 inches from the positive terminal. 15 amp fuse would work.

Then run that power anywhere you need for your neons. I would use good quality 14 gauge or lower wire.

If you want a switch for them I would recommend wiring in a relay all of the power doesn't have to come inside the car and through the switch. If you need help with the relay, I can help you.

Hope this is what you are looking for!

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.