J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
I'd go with the 2nd gen. A little creativity and a willingness to learn a thing or two and you'll be in business. There are too many new caveliers around anyways. What's the difference in price? If the '93 is a lot cheaper, then get that and modify it some. If the 3rd gen's like 5 grand or so, find a real car like a camaro or a mustang if you want go. It's not worth building a 4-banger.

· Registered
3,479 Posts
OK, how much does each car cost? I have noticed that (around here anyway) V6 cavaliers are selling for about the same as 95+ 4 Cyl Z24s... the newer (3rd gen) Cavs arent holding their value as good as the older ones.... example, 80-100K mile 91-94 V6 convertibles sell for as much as 6K compared to a 95+ vert's between 5K and 8K avg price..

-Al.

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
amancuso said:
OK, how much does each car cost? I have noticed that (around here anyway) V6 cavaliers are selling for about the same as 95+ 4 Cyl Z24s... the newer (3rd gen) Cavs arent holding their value as good as the older ones.... example, 80-100K mile 91-94 V6 convertibles sell for as much as 6K compared to a 95+ vert's between 5K and 8K avg price..

-Al.
yeah its crazy, i alsmost bought a 96 cavy with like 55,000 miles on it for $1,995 just had a little fender bender it would have made a great beater.

· Registered
344 Posts
Well you have to ask yourself.. is it going to be a daily driver, and are you going to spend a lot of money fixing the 10 year old car.. as opposed to the 1-2 year old car? It all depends on what you are going to use it for =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.