J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Z fans......My '89 Z is currently in the garage. I've been having a popping/clunking noise coming from the front end periodically. They inspected all the steering components (ball joints, bushings,etc...) , and found a very leaky power steering hose. According to them, this is the problem. They said that it could be depriving the rack and pinion of fluid. This is my version of a second opinion. Could this be the problem?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
snakesz24 said:
Hey Z fans......My '89 Z is currently in the garage. I've been having a popping/clunking noise coming from the front end periodically. They inspected all the steering components (ball joints, bushings,etc...) , and found a very leaky power steering hose. According to them, this is the problem. They said that it could be depriving the rack and pinion of fluid. This is my version of a second opinion. Could this be the problem?
Does this happen when driving straight or in turns?

This popping can also be caused by the strut mount springs, they can shift around when turning. This happened to me before and it was only when making left turns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.