J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These have been a long time in coming, but here they are. I took a whole roll of film for my calendar submission. These are a couple of the pics I will be sending to Moon for my submissions. As you can see, these reflect many changes incuiding MR7's, driving lights, _hec_'s phase 1 whiteout tails (thanks ginobeats!), clear corners of my own design, and of course, the phase 1 gfx. Let me know what you think!!

· Registered
4,292 Posts
well its about fucking time!!!!
gaddamn man, that looks amazing!!!!
i like how you put the little reflective orange spot on the clear corners to keep it all legal, very very nice man.
i remember when you came on here with a bone stock 4 door, keep up the good work man, you just made it into my top 3 4door list.
:pimp:

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Looks great, but 3things I would do different

Stock tails w/ Blackouts
Spoiler of some kind (small)
Larger diameter wheels

Too much white out back for me, also maybe some light window tint.

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments, especially the suggestions!

The reason I got 15's is because I wasn't going to get anything, but then I found out that my sidewalls were rotting and could blow out and the paint on my wheel covers was coming off. Since I had to drop $200 on new tires anyway, I decided to look for a rim/tire package that would fit in my lowly budget. I got these because I got the rims and the Sumitomo tires, with the tuner lug nuts and the tool for $425 shipped.

I am planning on getting a spoiler. I have my heart set on the spolier used on the 99+ Grand Ams but I want to see what it would look like first.

Window tint is definitely on the list. I have to find out what's legal and how much it costs.

And juicy-j, thanks for the suggestion about the tails. I think the main reasons I did things this was was because this is leghal and blackouts aren't, and with the exception of _hec_ whose idea it was originally, no one ense that I know of has tails like this. Plus I think they look good on the white car with the grey gfx.

I'm trying to make the car as white as possible. I think the next (inexpensive) thing I do will be painting the door trim white.

I also need to replace my suspension. If I come by some free lowering springs I'll throw those on too but I won't have the money for that for quite some time.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions! I'd love to hear some more ideas!

· Registered
2,364 Posts
theophile said:
Thanks for the comments, especially the suggestions!

The reason I got 15's is because I wasn't going to get anything, but then I found out that my sidewalls were rotting and could blow out and the paint on my wheel covers was coming off. Since I had to drop $200 on new tires anyway, I decided to look for a rim/tire package that would fit in my lowly budget. I got these because I got the rims and the Sumitomo tires, with the tuner lug nuts and the tool for $425 shipped.

I am planning on getting a spoiler. I have my heart set on the spolier used on the 99+ Grand Ams but I want to see what it would look like first.

Window tint is definitely on the list. I have to find out what's legal and how much it costs.

And juicy-j, thanks for the suggestion about the tails. I think the main reasons I did things this was was because this is leghal and blackouts aren't, and with the exception of _hec_ whose idea it was originally, no one ense that I know of has tails like this. Plus I think they look good on the white car with the grey gfx.

I'm trying to make the car as white as possible. I think the next (inexpensive) thing I do will be painting the door trim white.

I also need to replace my suspension. If I come by some free lowering springs I'll throw those on too but I won't have the money for that for quite some time.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions! I'd love to hear some more ideas!
Didn't know blackouts were illegal. But i'd like blackouts better if they were flush with the car, too bad that can't be done. :cry:
Here's a insaine project for you, lambo all 4 doors. Not sure if its possible, but that would be sweet at hell.

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suppose I could be wrong about the blackouts but everything I ever heard was that people get tickets for them and get harassed by the cops. But maybe I'm wrong?

Ha, I'd love to lambo the doors. But right now, cost is the problem. Almost everything I do to my car costs very little money, the rims/tires being the exception. Also, if I had another car to drive while I worked on this one, I'd probably be able to do more projects. But since nothing I do can render the car undriveable for more than a few hours or a Saturday afternoon, that kind of limits the projects I can undertake at this point. :-?

But I'd love to do those things! And also, if blackouts are legal, there's no reason I can't put them over what I've got now, right? That way I can change it up depending on my mood. ;)

· Registered
2,364 Posts
danpsycho1 said:
not sure if blackouts on the tails are legal or not i supose they would be sence cops are Aholes about WHITE ed out tails
As far as i know blackouts are legal, just as long as when u shine a light at them that u see the reflectors, and that the brake lights shine through. And my vehicle to drive when i am working ont he car is a bike. Can't ride that during winter. :-?

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It may be different between LA and MS. I called the MS transportation office and the state police and both of them told me that MS has no laws about reflective surfaces on the cars. The only laws that have about vehicle lighting is the location, color, and visibility of the lights. I had just assumed that the blackouts dim the light enough to make it illegal. But like I said, I guess not! Cool!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.