J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, like it says, I (in addition to Jake ;)) am getting a new Z.

It's a 1992 Z24, Red, Auto (unfortunately). I've had a hell of a time finding another z24 around here. There are like none for sale in my city, and everytime I see one in the 'peg for sale, it's already sold.

On the plus side, it has a new GM drop in tranny as of a year ago, and the guy i'm buying it from just put on new tires, brakes, wheel bearings, and ball joints. Also it only has 116000 km, which is pretty low for a 92. Head gaskets were recently replaced too. The engine is spotless. Not a leak in sight. Not even any dirt anywhere, and they seller said he hasn't even wiped it off since he bought it. The hoses are all still shiny and pliable.

It was lady driven, single owner all it's life. The interior is spotless. It's a little short on options, but it has power locks and working A/C. That's all I really care about. Power windows i can always put in someday, and same with cruise. I'm even kind of happy that it's an automatic right now, because I still have to be a delivery driver for 11 more months, and a 5speed is a pain in the ass to drive 8hours*6nights a week!

I'm sure nobody cares, but I will try to post some pics when I pick it up this week. Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
sounds like we're all getting new presents :D And for the record there are just a ton of decent J's for sale around here. Mostly RS and Birds. But I have run across a few Z-24's and a couple Bird GT's. But those were out of my range. :( But congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
skeletor said:
4000 canadian dollars. He wanted more, but I got him down a little.
wow! thats a lot, i hope that its safetied and perfect inside and out for that price.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
johnyg said:
Sweet Sean. Nice choice ;)

-John
Yup! It's almost the same as yours, John. :)

speedemon said:
wow! thats a lot, i hope that its safetied and perfect inside and out for that price.
It was a good deal for the number of k's and the condition it is in. When I say the interior and the engine are spotless, I mean spotless like showroom condition. It still smells like a new car. Like I mean strong new car scent, espically in the trunk. It was valued at 5500-6500 by the insurance company here.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
$4000 is a very sweet deal. I paid $4800 for mine, with 190k on it. I spend about 14 months looking for a car, best deal around at the time.

-John

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
johnyg said:
$4000 is a very sweet deal. I paid $4800 for mine, with 190k on it. I spend about 14 months looking for a car, best deal around at the time.

-John
holly shit, thats expensive for the mileage....or at least compared to whats here

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
speedemon said:
johnyg said:

-John
holly shit, thats expensive for the mileage....or at least compared to whats here
Ontario cars are also know for being rusted to shit though.

-John

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
holy crap, 4 canadian grand for a 92 z24?, hehe, i spent about 3 grand canadian for my 91 z24, and he's right, they're rare here in canada, you find em in the autotrader, go look at it, its already sold, i've been looking for 2 years almost for one, and i finally found one, i was lucky, it was partially sold, i talked with the guy, the person who was buying it, was gonna do it through financing, $2500 for it, and it got denied by the bank, i just happened to walk in the door when it happened, i said, how much for the z24, depends,... i offered 3 grand, i did financing, it got approved.. :D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
snowblindburd said:
skeletor said:
I'm sure nobody cares, but I will try to post some pics when I pick it up this week. Thanks for reading.
Sure we do. Good luck with everything. Hope it works out.
later,
mark
thanks, man. I'm a little hard on myself sometimes. :)

quantum said:
holy crap, 4 canadian grand for a 92 z24?, hehe, i spent about 3 grand canadian for my 91 z24, and he's right, they're rare here in canada, you find em in the autotrader, go look at it, its already sold, i've been looking for 2 years almost for one, and i finally found one, i was lucky, it was partially sold, i talked with the guy, the person who was buying it, was gonna do it through financing, $2500 for it, and it got denied by the bank, i just happened to walk in the door when it happened, i said, how much for the z24, depends,... i offered 3 grand, i did financing, it got approved..
I hear ya there. I've been looking for one since May of this year. I've called about 10-15 other people, and they always say that it sold the first day. This time I saw the ad in the local paper on the first day. The guy hadn't put it in the auto trader yet. In fact, on Sunday when I went to look at the car he said he had gotten about 6 other calls, but I was first there. Even yesterday when I paid for it he said he was still getting calls about it. I'm just glad I didn't drive to winnipeg or sask. to find out that the car I wanted to look at had been sold. :)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There. Finally got that film developed:

My new and old car together:

And some pics of my new one:

The pics of the engine bay turned out terrible, as I was using daylight film and didn't have any lighting on the engine. For my next roll I will try and dig out my work lamps to brighten things up before I take more pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.