J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well actually Ill have no chance...yet, my brother is gettin a 96 2-door accord from a friend, it has 2.2L v-tech with headers, intake and cat-back exhaust, Its white with shiny rims, whoopie, not a huge fan of hondas but its really a nice lookin car, fast too. my brother plans on puttin a turbo in it sometime. well looks like Im gonna have to save up more for my Z.

·
Registered
887 Posts
actually, you may have a chance... the '96 accord did come with a 2.2L engine, but it was NOT vtec. he was bs'ing you if he told you that. the engine is the f22, which is 145hp/145ftlbs with SOHC. unless hes got an H22 prelude 2.2L swapped in there (which is pretty much a direct bolt in), it has no vtec.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Built not bought, thats all I have to say......
wtf is the point in buying a modded car. :-?

·
Registered
887 Posts
gapmancorry12 said:
I know no one really cares but I just found out that the engine was not a drop in, apparently the v-tech engine was an option for the 96 accord. just thought Id clear that up.
you were right, i looked it up, and the 2.2 is VTEC, but its a SOHC, and not for performance (SOHC VTEC is for fuel economy, DOHC VTEC is for performance). its 145hp/145ftlbs as i stated above. you will probably be able to beat him, or it will be very close at the least

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.