J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I've decided to buy a new, in the crate, 3.1 (a friend said he could get me a deal on one; $1200, not too bad).I will up keep the same 3.1 I have in my Z right now and work on the new one. I don't want to drop it in until EVERYTHING I want on it is perfect. But, where do I start? I was thinking new pistons that could handle more heat, or maybe a new cam shaft from Jeg's, or new valves. What would you guys suggest? Eventually, I want to go with a super or turbo charger w/ possible Nitrous, so I need some help on what modifications I need to make with the factory 3.1.
Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey,
The only turbochargers out for the 3.1 is the one from raceshop2000 in Canada. $3500 and it runs on the regular factory 3.1 insides. I beleive that you can get some pushrods from an old school 328 (I think) but you need to crossreference with turboZ24.com for that info. Look under the car page. Other than that I'd heard that chevy is starting to make performance parts for the 3.1 but haven't seen any as of yet.
Joe

[ This Message was edited by: jozilla69 on 2001-06-25 16:59 ]

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
If you are planning on adding a turbo or supercharger, I would lower the compression slightly, so it will accept more boost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.