Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 97z Im talking about.
I just installed my Pacesetter headers and filled the system with coolant today. Its been 5 weeks since the car has been started and once I started the car, it immediately started to spit and sputter. It would run smooth only when I gave it a little gas and even then hesitated upon doing so.
It runs, but wont idle right (meandering idle) and hesitates when I give it gas. Other than that its ok.
Has anyone had these problems when they installed headers. I changed the O2 sensor on the header and checked all the hoses for vacuum leaks and all checks good.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
BTW, there is a little exhaust leak just before the cat on the downpipe (taking to muffler shop for welding), do you think that the O2 may be misreading. The other thing is maybe the gas went bad, or something like that. Could the fuel injectors have gotten gummed up from sitting so long??
Thanks.
Ok, I was told that a small exhaust leak from the down tube may cause the problem Im experiencing. Anyone have this experience once an exhaust leak started???
I need some answers ppl. Later.
stuff that goes wrong

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
5 weeks probably isnt long enough for you gas to go stale, buy maybe try filling up with some new gas, maybe syphoning the old out? That probably isnt it though, since you gas should be good for longer than that. If it was the O2 sensor, it would probably be setting a trouble code. I wouldnt think that a small exhaust leak would cause it, but since you are already planning on getting that fixed, i would do that and then see what happens...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Moon. Im getting the exhaust welded Wed. Ive still got some checking to do on a few things.
One thing that I noticed is the fan comes on when I crank the car and continues to run when the car is running. I cant shut it off. Who knows. My hands are in the air. Thanks.
I hate when things go wrong

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.