J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes they may be a few months old or even a year old, however I havent had any relatively recent pictures up on the net. So here are some new photos!

http://www.nomadim.com/host/mysunbird/s03/

The last 3 photos are from August of 2002 right before I parked her. Also a few photos are right before I changed my rear end with 1993 Cavalier taillights. And for those who ask about my steelies, well since she is parked I have my American Racing Rims off for now. Sittin' pretty at 118,000 miles so far!

Let me know what all of you think!

·
Banned
544 Posts
nice sunbird!
looks like shes beggin to be lowerd tho. the rear isnt too bad, it looks like shes saggin just the right amount.

those are some big azz steelies, are those 16inch steel rims?

also, whats with the cavalier taillights? no offence, but I hate it when the sunbird guys switch over... you gotta represent the sunbird!!! are you putting a Z bumper on it? looks kinda weird with 2 licence plate mounting spots, and 1 plate

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steveo said:
nice sunbird!
looks like shes beggin to be lowerd tho. the rear isnt too bad, it looks like shes saggin just the right amount.

those are some big azz steelies, are those 16inch steel rims?

also, whats with the cavalier taillights? no offence, but I hate it when the sunbird guys switch over... you gotta represent the sunbird!!! are you putting a Z bumper on it? looks kinda weird with 2 licence plate mounting spots, and 1 plate
Yep you nailed it, the gas shocks in the rear are shot, I mean they are totally gone! I really wish I could have lowered it about a year and a half ago when I had the money, but unfortunately I fell victim to a hit & run so I had to fix the bird. :evil:

They are big & heavy 16" steel rims, they're the same ones used on cop cars! I had 4 tires in good condition that came with the car when I purchased it in January of 2000. I needed to put them on some rims so I can use these tires in the winter and I couldn't find any Z24 rims so I had no choice but to buy the heavy steelies.. After the tires tread wears down I dont know exactly what I want to do for winter rims & tires. I was pretty pleased though with my current setup. I had an unbelievable amount of traction & control!

As for my cavy lights, heheh. I haven't really made the complete conversion, I bought a new trunk lid, which came off a Cavalier and decided since I had a little extra cash I bought the lights to see what it would look like on my car. They are still on my car, but I assure you I will be going back to the Sunbird rear end. So no, I am not buying a Z24 rear bumper.

And thanks everyone for their comments..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quinker said:
Hey when you coming up to bc again? and it that lid still up for sale.. lol.. I know it's been a while but I am just wondering..
I plan on returning for the pre-season opener for the BC crew next year which will probably be late May, early June. The price tag is still at $15 for the lid, and if you want for just a little extra I can sell you the phase 2 cavie lights as well. I should have a hatchback by that time, so I will have plenty of room to haul that up to BC. I was just up there this last May and customs hassled a member in our club about a motor mount or something of that nature, so I am not sure how that will be at the border with the sale of a trunk lid & possibly lights, but if I have a car with me, I will sure bring it up with me. I would have liked to bring it with me this summer but I couldn't.. If you want pictures, I can sure supply you with some. Let me know whats up cause I am dying to sell it!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Well when you come up next time consider it sold.. I would have bought it when you came up during the summer but I remember talking to you and you weren't sure if you were gonna be able to... oh well.. it is the one with out the granny rack right? white?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quinker said:
Well when you come up next time consider it sold.. I would have bought it when you came up during the summer but I remember talking to you and you weren't sure if you were gonna be able to... oh well.. it is the one with out the granny rack right? white?
Yeah sorry man, I wouldn't have been able to put it anywhere in or on my friends Cavalier LS. Here are two pictures of the white lid.. I came out to Mission and went to Bostons afterwards. But yeah, not sure if I talked to you at all..

http://www.nomadim.com/host/mysunbird/whitetrunk.html

I know you want the lid, but what about the lights? I probably can sell those for around $30 us. I spent damn near $45 to $50 on them..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.