J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I finally got a new set of rims for my car. I have been waiting for this day for a long time. Those stock z24 rims weren't flowing real well so I got some KMC Hotwheel RedLine 16" rims. But now I'm in the no tires club. I have to wait for a while to get a new set of tires. Low pro tires are kind of expensive. I guess we'll see what happens. Here is a pic of them. They are freaking sweet! And on an already black car, they are gonna be perfect.

I got them for $225 and new, these things are like $110 per rim. So I got a steal.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
buddy of mine had 16's w/ 215/55/16 rubber they just barely rubbed with steering turned to full lock. BTW nice rims and a sweet deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot guys. I was worried that i was gonna have to get some expensive low pros for them. This is good news. I'll definitely get pics of them when they are on the car which should be this weekend. Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
wikidblakmajik said:
I use 225 50 16's and i get minor rub at full turn
Your speedo is way off too......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,050 Posts
not to thread jack but.... how is my speedo way off? I know its 2 or 3mph off because of me putting the white face guages in it. Other than that it's fine... besides from what I have heard...... put wheel on bigger than OEM and your speedo is off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,269 Posts
barrok69 said:
wikidblakmajik said:
I use 225 50 16's and i get minor rub at full turn
Your speedo is way off too......
225/50/16 is pretty much the same diameter as the 205/55/16, the 225s look kinda funny on a 6inch wide rim tho, get the 205/55/16 its the most cost effective 16inch tire cause i see it used on tons of different cars, you can usually find them for about $100 a piece for decent ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
seanski said:
barrok69 said:
wikidblakmajik said:
I use 225 50 16's and i get minor rub at full turn
Your speedo is way off too......
225/50/16 is pretty much the same diameter as the 205/55/16, the 225s look kinda funny on a 6inch wide rim tho, get the 205/55/16 its the most cost effective 16inch tire cause i see it used on tons of different cars, you can usually find them for about $100 a piece for decent ones
thats great that it matches a 205/55R16... if you had a 3rd gen then it would be fine. .... but he doesn't. in his case since its a second gen... proper tire size is <SIZE size="150">205/50R16</SIZE>.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
barrok69 said:
seanski said:
barrok69 said:
wikidblakmajik said:
I use 225 50 16's and i get minor rub at full turn
Your speedo is way off too......
225/50/16 is pretty much the same diameter as the 205/55/16, the 225s look kinda funny on a 6inch wide rim tho, get the 205/55/16 its the most cost effective 16inch tire cause i see it used on tons of different cars, you can usually find them for about $100 a piece for decent ones
thats great that it matches a 205/55R16... if you had a 3rd gen then it would be fine. .... but he doesn't. in his case since its a second gen... proper tire size is <SIZE size="150">205/50R16</SIZE>.
Isn't it <SIZE size="150">215/40/16 </SIZE> the stock tire size??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
barrok69 said:
seanski said:
barrok69 said:
wikidblakmajik said:
I use 225 50 16's and i get minor rub at full turn
Your speedo is way off too......
225/50/16 is pretty much the same diameter as the 205/55/16, the 225s look kinda funny on a 6inch wide rim tho, get the 205/55/16 its the most cost effective 16inch tire cause i see it used on tons of different cars, you can usually find them for about $100 a piece for decent ones
thats great that it matches a 205/55R16... if you had a 3rd gen then it would be fine. .... but he doesn't. in his case since its a second gen... proper tire size is <SIZE size="150">205/50R16</SIZE>.
um NO, equivlent tire to the stock 2nd gen size is 205/55/16
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
stock size is 205/60/15 on stock rims. if one part of the size goes up, another has to go down, or at least that's what i was taught. so i never understood why 205/55/16's were wrong for our cars......... they fill up the wheel wells nicely, i like them :p

but anyway, if your tires are too big, does your speedo read slower, or faster? i can never remember....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
v6bluebird said:
stock size is 205/60/15 on stock rims. if one part of the size goes up, another has to go down, or at least that's what i was taught. so i never understood why 205/55/16's were wrong for our cars......... they fill up the wheel wells nicely, i like them :p

but anyway, if your tires are too big, does your speedo read slower, or faster? i can never remember....
205/55/16 is the 4mm shorter then a stock 205/60/15. and are the same width. the 205/50/16 are a good 8cm shorter.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top