1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13.886 @ 96.16mph

13.956 @ 96.17mph

14.048 @ 96.13mph

i'll get slips up in the database later for those interested in all the other numbers. car still needs to be tuned better, the more i learn about tuning the more i realized i dont know..

still need to figure out a proper timing curve though.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
very nice times man just curious what are using for slick cuz i'm looking into them for my boosted 3.1l setup and with out then i most likely won't get traction till 3rd

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it is very cool, i dont think i have them aired down enough yet though, because i can still chirp them on the 1-2 shift :lol: although there's something to be said about 1.8 60' s :D i tell ya, it sure catches alot of imports off guard. of course there's still faster sport compacts out there but even the srt4 guys racing me are like "ok, what kinda turbo you have in there??"

i'm still only using 32* timing and 87 octane fuel lol i dont think with my camshaft selection and the compression i need more.

gotta figure out this damm tuning now!

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
treeZ24 said:
yeah it is very cool, i dont think i have them aired down enough yet though, because i can still chirp them on the 1-2 shift :lol: although there's something to be said about 1.8 60' s :D i tell ya, it sure catches alot of imports off guard. of course there's still faster sport compacts out there but even the srt4 guys racing me are like "ok, what kinda turbo you have in there??"

i'm still only using 32* timing and 87 octane fuel lol i dont think with my camshaft selection and the compression i need more.

gotta figure out this damm tuning now!
If i go by "relative to TDC" i'm hitting around 28 degrees at WOT.. running 91 octaine with around 11:1. i get a knock count or 2 every once in a while, nothing drastic. I'm still running the stock 3.1 timing table though.. :lol:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whitelightning2 said:
If i go by "relative to TDC" i'm hitting around 28 degrees at WOT.. I'm still running the stock 3.1 timing table though.. :lol:
why would you express timing values any other way? seems to me thats a pretty standard method. once you start getting into offsets etc its such a narrow few people who would understand.

the 3.1 timing table i never really got a definite answer to what its values are at 100kpa, pe mode or whatever else mode it goes in.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope they're 2 years old now. i bought them last year around mid season.

m/t tube slicks 24.5/8/14 aired down to 12 psi iirc.

i weighed my car in last night at the scale as well and i was 2790 with myself, the car and half a tank of gas.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
treeZ24 said:
whitelightning2 said:
If i go by "relative to TDC" i'm hitting around 28 degrees at WOT.. I'm still running the stock 3.1 timing table though.. :lol:
why would you express timing values any other way? seems to me thats a pretty standard method. once you start getting into offsets etc its such a narrow few people who would understand.

the 3.1 timing table i never really got a definite answer to what its values are at 100kpa, pe mode or whatever else mode it goes in.
Tunerpro logs BTDC and some other screwed up timing equasion..

Today I 0'd out all the tables except for the main spark advance and am using that to run the whole deal. I've only datalogged it idling but for once it's doing exactly what i tell it to.. we'll see what happens at WOT as soon as i get it back together. I've got it running around 38 degrees at WOT now. :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
38 seems too high for me, the heads are aluminum for once, have a quench area for two and they have the heart shaped combustion chamber for a fast burn.

granted its no ecotec head, but from all the reading i've been doing 38 seems excessive.

but then again, if it likes it maybe i should try mine that high :)

-makes more sense about the timing displayed now.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
treeZ24 said:
38 seems too high for me, the heads are aluminum for once, have a quench area for two and they have the heart shaped combustion chamber for a fast burn.

granted its no ecotec head, but from all the reading i've been doing 38 seems excessive.

but then again, if it likes it maybe i should try mine that high :)

-makes more sense about the timing displayed now.
I've gone higher and not gotten any KR.. but that was running the 3.4 DOHC timing table.

I've also ran the stock 3400 table.. i got some KR from that :lol:

I guess that's the problem with these engines.. the fastburn heads are great and don't need much advance but when you add in a big cam you neeed to run the extra timing regardless if the heads need it or not.

It's more of a trial/error thing, i plan on testing a few different things on the dyno at the bash. :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1fastcavi said:
1/8 ET ... 8.904
1/8 MPH ... 78.500

look at his registry yo
nope thats the old slip.

here's the new one, its close though.

r/t....... .277
60'..... 1.819
330.... 5.612
1/8..... 8.791
mph... 77.78
1000.. 11.538
1/4..... 13.885
mph... 96.16

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
treeZ24 said:
1fastcavi said:
1/8 ET ... 8.904
1/8 MPH ... 78.500

look at his registry yo
nope thats the old slip.

here's the new one, its close though.

r/t....... .277
60'..... 1.819
330.... 5.612
1/8..... 8.791
mph... 77.78
1000.. 11.538
1/4..... 13.885
mph... 96.16
Enjoy being on top while you can.. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
whitelightning2 said:
Enjoy being on top while you can.. :wink: :lol:
i'm amazed i've been on top for as long as i've been. i built the engine with the intention of being about the same times as colins old hybrid. probably slower but its exceeded all my expectations, especially since its the first engine i've built, tuned etc etc.

thats ok though, next year i'm pullin out all the stops

oh and for the record i dont think a 13.8 second cavalier is "fast"

when its 11 seconds then i'll be impressed :wink:

as for the same trap speed in the 1/8th, my street tire times last year i was almost 100mph at the top end btu with slicks it slowed me down 5mph. i havent run this year but i'll be willing to bet i would be over 100mph without em.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.