J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yea i still have the cavy but i wanted something 4X4 for the winter being that my new job is quite a hike when it snows.

anyway, out of curiosity i went truck shopping to see what was available and to test drive a few trucks, the first one i drove was a 2002 dodge dakota v6 5speed...... that was a nice truck but the damn thing couldn't get out of its own way... the next one was a 2003 ford exploder, to be honest this thing was nice as hell, 35k on the clock 4X4, silver and cream 2 tone. this was my first choice at the time. so i went looking some more since i like to shop around... well my sisters fiance works at a dealership about an hour from me so i go up and see what they have, this is where i found it. i drove a few trucks and even a few cars but nothing hit me, low and behold on the inventory sheet they had just gotten a 2003 dodge ram 1500 4X4 with 40k on it, they didn't even get it through the shop yet but they bring it around for me anyway. it hit me like a hard-on at a stripclub, this was my truck, took it for a spin and fell in love instantly. they wanted $15,500 for it but that was a bit much for me since i'm in school and only working 20ish hours a week. they knocked it down to 14k even and i said well if you can get me the monthly payment i want and the interest rate i want i'll take it... we keep in contact throughout the course of 2 weeks, then when i'm about to give up i get a call at 6pm on a thursday night saying he got me everything i wanted and they even put new brand new pads, rotors and tires all around after the sale price was set! so i picked her up the next day, no money down, i couldn't believe i got this thing on my own!

heres the specs:

4.7 v8 magnum
automatic
towing package
4X4
power everything inside
heated mirrors
all black
17" alloy wheels
dual exhaust with cherry bombs (kinda loud but it sounds good, lol)
a/c
overhead console,
rear slider
and 5 year warranty!

heres the pics:

i figured i'd snap a shot of the cavy since i washed it!

and a shot of the project for the hell of it!

lemme know what you think!

Nick

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Good luck putting gas in that thing. They are notorious for the worst gas milage of all the trucks. (you'll be lucky to get 10-13 mpg) They are nice looking I'll give them that but their cost of ownership is so high most people get rid of them in a heartbeat.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
jakerooni said:
their cost of ownership is so high most people get rid of them in a heartbeat.
LOL, Most do go to the Heartbeat. ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh believe me, i've gotten used to budgeting for gas, it has a 38 gallon tank and i get between 400 to 415 miles a tank which is about 12-13 mpg. i love the truck though, i won't be getting rid of it anytime soon, lol

i forgot to mention i've had it for 3 months already, i've just been busy with school and 2 jobs.

nick

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as for switching to gm for a truck, i thought about it, i've driven plenty of gm trucks since i work at a gm dealer but i can't bring myself to buy one, i just don't like the styling and the way they ride, compared to the ram, the trucks like the avalanche's, silverado's and even the colorado's have stiff bouncy rides, the ram drives like a car and it can still take hard bumps like nothing. i'm not saying that gm trucks are bad, its all a matter of personal taste i guess. plus i've always liked the rams and dakota's since they introduced the drop fender styling. people look at me like "how the hell is that kid driving a nice truck like that?" cuz i'm only 23, people assume that my parents bought it for me, i hate that, i earned this thing and got it on my own, its not my fault your credit sucks and you don't know how to budget, lol

Nick

G

·
Well anyone can have a truck, its just a ram man, nothing special. Try driving a luxury car and see the looks and comments you get :wink: .

Good luck w/ it though, and the z looks great and nice project. Guy has one around here that looks relatively mundane but damn does it haul ass.

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
Nice, but I like the project car a lot better. :pimp:

Trucks these days don't have any soul...just pieces of metal that can pull a lot of shit behind them...meh...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Still for sale huh Nick?? Sorry we couldnt come to an agreement ($$$ price wise). To any of you guys that are interested in buying Nicks Z24.. rust wise its in very good shape (for its age/milage)... drives/rides nice.. shifts GREAT.. Just needs TLC interior wise. Good luck with the sale and enjoy the truck.. I recently ended up going BACK to PA (Pottstown) to buy a 89Z.... My 92Z is presently for sale now..

Dan

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
cavalierz24charc said:
oh believe me, i've gotten used to budgeting for gas, it has a 38 gallon tank and i get between 400 to 415 miles a tank which is about 12-13 mpg. i love the truck though, i won't be getting rid of it anytime soon, lol
Didnt realize there would be such a difference. I have a 2002 Dakota SLT Extended Cab 4x4 with the 4.7 liter but a 5 spd and it gets 16-18 a gallon

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still for sale huh Nick?? Sorry we couldnt come to an agreement ($$$ price wise). To any of you guys that are interested in buying Nicks Z24.. rust wise its in very good shape (for its age/milage)... drives/rides nice.. shifts GREAT.. Just needs TLC interior wise. Good luck with the sale and enjoy the truck.. I recently ended up going BACK to PA (Pottstown) to buy a 89Z.... My 92Z is presently for sale now..
thanks for the positive input about the car Dan, yea i still have her but i really havent pushed the issue since i love it so much, lol if i didn't drop 1600 for a whole clutch system a little over a year ago i would have let it go for the price you gave me but its all good.

Didnt realize there would be such a difference. I have a 2002 Dakota SLT Extended Cab 4x4 with the 4.7 liter but a 5 spd and it gets 16-18 a gallon
the 5 speed helps a lot as does the smaller lighter frame and body, it doesn't suprise me that yours gets that many more mpg's, what can i say? i love driving around in this truck, no-body messes with me, lol

Nick

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looks nice Nick, The cavy still goin strong? My wife just got a 05 Ram Daytona with a hemi, the burnt orange color. You should see the looks she gets, 5'6" girl driving around in that big ass truck, it's kinda funny.

Seems like your a busy guy, if you get some free time we shuold get together since my cavy is on the road.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Nice truck!!!!! I plan on buying me one only silver and a V6. I've drove my buddies for the first time about a couple months ago and I fell in love with it!!!! I'm a chevy man and really couldn't imagine how smooth, and how cheap it was on gas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.