J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the 2.4 engines better than the 3.1's? i know they have more horsepower, but do they have more horsepower potential? and are they stronger for when more horsepower comes? also i heard that chevy sold out the z24 to toyota. and toyota is coming out with something like it soon. anyone know anything about this? i appreciate it. and yes, moon. this site is the best.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The Toyota Cavalier has been around for some time, since some time in the 3rd generation I beleive. It just isn't available in the US.

I beleive that the V6 has more power potential than the 2.4. It can take much more abuse than the 2.4, and has 2 cylinders up on it. Even though the 2.4 makes more power stock, the 3.1 has more potential

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Who would want a 2.4 anyway, the 3.1 is bigger, more durable, sounds about twelve and a half times better and can be modified to have all kinds of power. If a had a newer Z I'd probably find a way to fit a 3.1 in there.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I think it just started with the 3rd gen, not sure if it was right away in 95 though. there aren't any 2nd gen toyota cavs.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
By the way dj_krisz , is your auto transmission really a 4 speed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.