J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help have a big problem. no heat need to now what could be wrong and how much to fix or could i fix it please help. asap

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Does it blow out cold air, or does it just not blow any air? It if blows, but it is just cold air, check your coolant level. It is possible that it is just low, and you might get off easy. Does the temp gauge read the the engine is hot? You might have a line clogged going into the heater core.
If it isn't blowing any air at all, it is likely the blower motor.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Do you hear a fan-like sound, or nothing at all? If you don't hear the fan, then it would be the blower motor. If you can hear the fan trying to blow the heat, but nothing comes out, it is probably a vacuum line. Does it work if you put it on a different setting? What about the AC?

·
Registered
364 Posts
ACK if it's your heater core. I replaced mine in my Chevy Celebrity, and ended up having to rip the whole underside of my dash off. Not fun at all, but more fun than paying labor.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yeah, its a blower motor. I just changed mine on my car. Its not too fun to do.. I broke the blades on the old fan taking it out and almost did the same putting the new one in. Just be carefull.

As an aside to this, my blower blows so weak!!! Could something be in the way?..

Mev

·
Registered
202 Posts
when you switch it from low to med to high can you accually hear a differnce in the speed of the motor??

·
Registered
202 Posts
try switching it from cold to hot air and see if it blows better while cold.

If it does then the heater core is plugged with (dirt, hair, chip bags, etc.) and is not allowing the air to flow through it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Heater core bypass...I did it for a while until I got around to replacing mine when it busted. On a similar note...antifreeze smells worse than rotten ass on an 80 degree day while it's sitting on your floorboard from a busted heater core.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts