J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 cav 4dr.... went in my car 2nite to go out and my DRLS came on when i turned the car on, turn the headlights on and they turn on for a split second then shut off, turn them off and my DRLs still work, headlgihts back on and still no work so i flick to hibeams and they work :S any ideas whats going on? the hi/low beam is a single bulb on my car so i dont think the low beam part could blow and let alone both at the exact same time

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
_hec_ said:
93 cav 4dr.... went in my car 2nite to go out and my DRLS came on when i turned the car on, turn the headlights on and they turn on for a split second then shut off, turn them off and my DRLs still work, headlgihts back on and still no work so i flick to hibeams and they work :S any ideas whats going on? the hi/low beam is a single bulb on my car so i dont think the low beam part could blow and let alone both at the exact same time
well your drl's use the high beams... so maybe your "low" filaments are burnt out? or perhaps theres a bad ground or loose connection somewhere. visually inspect the bulbs since its fairly easy to do, then if they look good, start tracing wires... also check your fuse panel... they might be on different circuits?.... not entirely familiar with the phase2's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.