J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked at Chevy's website lately? It appears as if there will be NO Z24 whatsoever. The only thing above the basic coupe looks to be a LS. If this is true, I am now thoroughly depressed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cavaliers in general are waving byebye after that, unfortunately. I guess about ~20 years of them is enough, GM is notorious for discontinuing their good lines.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also heard that chevy/pontiac are discontinuing the Camaro and Firebird for an unknown time. In 2002 they are making a limited number of 40th Anniversary Camaro's and then discontinuing them. The 40th Anniversary Camaro's will cost around 50,000. After the 2002 model Firebirds are released, they will be permanently replaced by the Firehawk an economy sportscar. The demand for Camaro's and Firebird's are so high that they can stop making them for a period of time and then start again. (While doubling the price).

I don't know if this information is reliable but I did hear it from a guy at the Chevy dealer so I thought I'd pass it along.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Um...
yes the F-Body will be discontinued after the 2002 model year.
Some of your info is wrong though
It is the 35th Anniv Camaro, not 40th.
Retail price of just a hair over $30,000. Of course there may be dealer markup
It is basically a bright red SS with some stripes and special logos etc.
I have some pics in the car show pictures section.

They are still making the regular models (base, RS, Z28,SS) as well as the 35th anniv editions

There are lots of rumors going around, but it is generally beleived that the Camaro will come back in some form, but the Firebird will remain dead

Oh, and no, the demand for them isn't overly high, compared to the Mustang (since ford is targeting women with the stang now), so I think that is why it is being axed, to hopefully get people interested in buying if it comes back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts