J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I give it a rev from idle or when im going like 0-8mph or so it sounds like theres a loose gear in the cluster or something. its fine at cruise and everywhere else though. any ideas?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Bats perhaps...

check if your turn signal flasher or other another module is loose behind there.

Also might be your odometer...going so fast you wore down the teeth on it :D

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
if it sounds like a spinning. id place money on the speedo cable. my old 89 did that every so often

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
scott0999 said:
wite89z24 said:
if it sounds like a spinning. id place money on the speedo cable. my old 89 did that every so often
I have no speedo cable
lol these people must not understand.... electric VSS has no rotating parts.. only current, amps and some voltage go to the cluster...lol.

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also noticed it does it between shifts

sure sounds like its comming from the cluster. I would be really suprised if it was from the tranny..

but that doesnt make sense does it?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
barrok69 said:
scott0999 said:
wite89z24 said:
I have no speedo cable
lol these people must not understand.... electric VSS has no rotating parts.. only current, amps and some voltage go to the cluster...lol.
oh i understand :-? im terribly sorry that i forgot he had a PH2, and ive also never worked on a PH2, to even remember that they had electric VSS

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Try to hit the reset button of the trip odometer. I'm pretty sure its your problem. If hitting the button a few time doesnt fix it, you will have to take the cluster out of the dash and take a look at it. That pretty much the only moving part in the cluster I can think of :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.