also does anyone know the price of the supercarger or the turbo from raceshop
i e-mailed them and everything has been sold
and they wouldn't gve me a price
thanks
thomas

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
No, you shouldnt need a timing retarder. Just run some primuim gas, and if for some reason the timing still needs some retarding, the knock sensor will automatically take care of that for you.

The turbo from raceshop is $3500 US installed
8lb of boost gets you 210 HP. It is adjustable to 19lbs, but they say the stock engine will blow at 9 psi

·
Registered
12 Posts
:nono: i don't really know if all that load for a 3.1 is such a great idea. :S
i don't know what all youve done so far but if you wanna run all that boost, and the nos especially, then you are gonna need to change your piston rings and probably get a new crank shaft and connecting rods that can handle the extra HP load if your planning on running nitrous and 8lbs of boost. BTW, a turbocharger and supercharger are different things. a super is also know as a blower. not trying to rain on your parade buddy, but that's alot of money for a 3.1 project...

o yeah, where are you planning on putting a turbo? 3.1's are VERY tight under the hood. *413*

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
moonwell said:
No, you shouldnt need a timing retarder. Just run some primuim gas, and if for some reason the timing still needs some retarding, the knock sensor will automatically take care of that for you.

8lb of boost gets you 210 HP. It is adjustable to 19lbs, but they say the stock engine will blow at 9 psi
now moon, you know no one has able to contact those guys for years :wink: i doubt they are still in business considering their page hasnt changed as long as i can remember

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
easye said:
moonwell said:

now moon, you know no one has able to contact those guys for years :wink: i doubt they are still in business considering their page hasnt changed as long as i can remember
they were probably able to when this post was made 3 years ago ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
No need to bring old posts back up, especially ones this old.

For any power adder beyond a certain level, timing control should be considered, to rely on the knock sensor is a fools way of doing it, once the knock sensor detects knock or ping, it could very well be too late.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.