J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from the mall tonight, my front brake lines decided they were going to go on strike. Imagine my suprise. I'm one for last-second stopping, and I almost didn't make the stop at a red light. I'll be checking this out tomorrow, I'm sure it won't be too tough, but I just had to share. Scared the hell out of me

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shop? Hell no, I do all my own work. I can't afford to get fucked over on labor fees =P

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Probably gona need a torch to get em off. Mine were on so tight I had to heat the nut so I wouldnt break it.

One of mine decided to rupture brake torqing is a Micky D's Drive through

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'll admit it. I was torquing up. I wasn't even that high on the RPM's, though

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I found where it is, it's in the front-right wheel well. I'll have to clamp it and bleed my remaining brakes until I get another line.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Though I'm now talking to myself, I'd like me to know that I fixed my brake lines, and am back to being a blur on the roads.

Turns out the line burst in *two* places. I must be talented.

[ This Message was edited by: antipode on 2001-09-02 00:58 ]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 can of WD-40, 3 trips to AutoZone, 4 hours of wrenches slipping, and several sustained injuries to prove it.
Anyone else notice I tell stories?
First trip to AutoZone, they gave me the hose for the driver's side, when I specifically asked for passenger. Second trip was the switch to get the right hose, third was for brake fluid since there was no more in the garage.
After finally fixing everything up, I bled the front brakes with the help of my half-deaf dad who couldn't hear me because of the engine running. I doubt he'd hear a dump truck driving through a nitro-glycerin plant (20 points to whoever knows what movie that's from).
Well, now that all that's done and over with, I now know how to fix front brake hoses. Add that to the list of things to IM me with questions about, people. I know it'll happen soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts