J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the prototype is almost complete. Im making arrangements for the pipes to be bent so it will be all 1 piece runners 1 5/8". The first set should be available for purchace end of this month. A limited amount will be fabricated somewhere around 10-12 but I might keep the jig around for more later on. They are similar looking to S&S headers, with flex pipe dumping to where a stock car would be on a cavalier. Its been test fitted on a 3400 5SPD with z24 swaybar. You will require a slim fan to use this headers. There price has not been fine tuned but its looking to be somewhre around $600-750.
I need to know how many ppl would be interested in buying a set in the begining of november.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i would be interested if they would work in a beretta

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im replacing my 3400 right now, im droping the motor tomorow, so I have to focus on the mounts this week. And Im swapping a 3400 this weekend if the cluch makes it in time. So Im using my car as a moch up I forgot the cam Ill take some pics of it going in tomorow. So this week coming up Im going to build and test fit the first one and make a jig at the shop. People need some pictures to gain some interest, but 3 sounds great so far. Im still thinking of going with 10 now and 10 later on. I have a buddy with a beretta but his is auto and I doupt this will work with an auto tranny. Well that's the update for now. Be ready for some pics of a finished product by end of next week.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
brinky said:
Im replacing my 3400 right now, im droping the motor tomorow, so I have to focus on the mounts this week. And Im swapping a 3400 this weekend if the cluch makes it in time. So Im using my car as a moch up I forgot the cam Ill take some pics of it going in tomorow. So this week coming up Im going to build and test fit the first one and make a jig at the shop. People need some pictures to gain some interest, but 3 sounds great so far. Im still thinking of going with 10 now and 10 later on. I have a buddy with a beretta but his is auto and I doupt this will work with an auto tranny. Well that's the update for now. Be ready for some pics of a finished product by end of next week.
make them fit an Auto, and i garranty you'll more than meet your 10 now /10 later buildout.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill do my best at getting maximum clearence for everything. Barrok, I dont have a 3spd to test with I trew it out the next day I got my car :lol: I can try fitting them on my friends beretta (3spd) modified if needed then test fit them back on the cavy. I would think the part that wouldnt clear would be where the intermidiate shaft goes on a 5spd maybe more to the drivers side. Will see how it goes but ill do my best so it fits both aplications.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.