J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well you better post 'em quick. This w/e hopefully I'm going to get my exhaust done. I have been planning on highflow cat, Y it after the cat, then doing dual flowmasters. Trey called his friend doing it and the guy said it would sound better if I only did one flowmaster, and then just split the piping off so it makes it look like I have duals. I REALLY want the duals but if it's gonna sound like shee-at, it wouldn't be worth it, ya know? Any one have either set up? I want it mean but not get a ticket everytime i drive it mean...I'm thinkin' like SS'ish mean (or if i dare say it, gt mustang mean). Please Please Please post so I can know what the heck I'm doin' by Sat. Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
i've heard the dual flowmaster setup and i thought it sounded very nice. not quite SS'ish when you rev it, but at idle you could definately fool some people.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Flowmaster or Magnaflow are both good choices. I went with a single catback magnaflow myself, and have been very happy with it (had it for a year and a half now). Its very deep and throaty, but not too rough sounding :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
How about gutting your muffler? Cut it open and rip the baffles out. Insert a pipe from the inlet to the tips and let it pop.

I would actually just put one muffler on right behind the cat, put the Y on and put dual tips on the end of each pipe. It saves you having to buy two mufflers, too. :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you guys sooooo much for posting! i don't have to worry about the price...for the duals w/ piping n all it's gonna be about 200 to 250, this guy we know works at a muffler shop and they have over stock of flowmasters. Thanks for the input, i think im gonna go w/ duals. I don't wanna go too in depth as far as gutting or cutting just b/c this guy is doing it in a day and that just more i have to decide about. no to mention it's hard on exhaust b/c half the time u won't know what it sounds like till u do it :( well hopefully this will be a good decision, i'll let u guys know after this w/e :) *hugs to all that posted* also if anyone else wants to post, i will try to check this again tomorrow morning before we leave. thanks again guys!
Amandaa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.